Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... Empty
PostSubject: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:37 am

Sup sup, I got a new pc on the 14th of March and to this day I still havent got to enjoy it, after doing a spectacular job building it (HAHA) lol nah it was a solid build, I proceeded to plug the monitor in and the GPU was not responsing to the monitor after taking a quick look at the GPU I didnt bother opening it to check what was wrong as it voids the warranty, so I took it back to Umart in which they put it in their test system and just to my luck it fired up right away so I took it home and gave it a resit, quickly messed around with the cpu, ram etc and it worked. Then I get into the actual system YAY, or not?

I check out my bios have a good look around, proceed to wait the next day for my friend to bring me back my Windows 7 disc that he borrowed from me months ago and failed to return, THAT BASTARD! Anyway, I installed the Windows 7 ultimate but found the install process very long, longer than usual with average load times of 4 minutes each sector which should take less than 2 based off previous experience and micrososft knowledge.

So anyway, the dam Micrososft office installs, I proceed to go into the PC, install drivers, motherboard etc. Ops time for bed, go to bed then school the next day. Waiting for school to finish wanting to use my new rig, woot BC2 at max settings YAY OR NOT?!!! I turn on the fricken thing, woot woot it loads, get to the login section of Windows and BAM files missing wont let me login windows is corrupted ZOMG! Oh wait, my windows disc is handy, ill do a repair install, 0mg it still is taking 4 minutes to pass each sector, WTF RAM DID I BUY? 64MB ddr2????

Anyway, do the repair install, it is supposively successful and restarts, YAY, get to the loading windows stage and boom black screen W00000t this is what I wanted, isnt it?!! Aahaha so I proceed to pull out the CPU, Ram, GPU, PSU etc and resit them, then do a custom install of my Windows 7, muahahahaha! Walla it installed after taking far longer than it should. Boot up the pc and w000000000000t black screen muahaha. Then I realise I still have my trusty Windows XP disc on me, woot so I install WINDOWS XP WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS!! Load it up and walla it works, but FUCK!! MY PC IS USELESS, my windows XP wont connect to the internet, FUCK NO!!! So what must I do? INSTALL WINDOWS 7, for my DX11 aswell!!!! So i proceed to try and do a custom install of Windows 7 again, taking slow as usual, only this time for the 2 times I tried to do a custom install, I GET BSODED WOOOOOOOOOOT TRUSTY BSOD'S!!!!!! Memory_management is the problem, so being like 10pm at night I say fuck this and make a bootable CS of memtest and run it for 13 hours (when i got up).

CHOOKY YOU WILL LAUGH AT THIS BIT AS I DID LMAO, BRAND NEW COMPONENTS AND RAM, THE MEMTEST WHICH RAN FOR 13 HOURS PICKED UP 2100+ ERRORS!! WOOT THAT IS TRUELY SPECTACULAR, WHEN IM SUPPOSED TO GET 1 BAHAHAHAH! So I decided to end my PCS life and take it for a service at Umart as I can't be fucked fixing a PC that has over 2100 errors in memtest. So yeah thats my dumbass new PC story, It has been at umart for the past 4 days and they still cant even tell me that they have found the problem with it.

The specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7 860 Processor LGA1156 2.8GHz 8MB Cache CPU
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 P55 DDR3 2000 PCI-Ex16 SATAII RAID GLAN Heatsink
RAM: Team 4G(2x2G) DDR3 1600Mhz PC12800 CL9 LV
Graphics card: Sapphire HD5850 1G GDDR5 PCIE 2D HDMI
PSU: SeaSonic S12D 750W 80+ PSU
Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two Tower Gaming Case w Side Window black (no PSU)
DVD drive: Pioneer SATA DVR218L 22X DVD Black & Cyberlink
Hard drive: Hitachi 1TB SATA 7200RPM 32M
Monitor: Benq G2420HD 24inch Wide Full HD 2ms HDMI DVI D-Sub Gloss
Mouse: Logitech G9
Keyboard: Logitech G15
Headset: Logitech G35

Comment on my story ^_3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mediamach.com
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:42 am

Owned.
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:33 am

Lucky wrote:
Owned.

Thanks so much Cry
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:00 am

Actually I think lucky sums it up pretty well Smile

Just kidding dude, sounds like you have some funky shit going on, I'd bet lylow's ass money that it's a faulty motherboard.
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:02 am

Rock_N_Rolla wrote:
Actually I think lucky sums it up pretty well Smile

Just kidding dude, sounds like you have some funky shit going on, I'd bet lylow's ass money that it's a faulty motherboard.

Nah the mobo should be fine, it most likely is the RAM as the BSOD is related to the ram and memtest concluded over 2100 errors in only 13 hours, but time will only tell as slowmart are looking at it, they've have it for 4 fucking days and still can't even tell me what is wrong with it/ what they have done to try to fix it.

Pathetic...
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:33 am

But the RAM shouldn't cause your monitor not to display correctly
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:16 am

Rock_N_Rolla wrote:
But the RAM shouldn't cause your monitor not to display correctly

Lol you didnt read it properly xD. At first when I turned on the system, the monitor wasnt responding to the 5850, so I thought it was a problem with the 5850 so I took it to umart who put it in their test machine and found it to be working, so I just resat it and fiddled with all the other parts till it started working.

xD.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:54 am

You ask for comments?

Mate. All I can say is: What a let down!!!!

I was annoyed as all hell with my new gear as it didnt work when I first fired it up either. All sorts of weird shut downs and errors. Turned out my noobish self had left an old HDD still connected with an old version of windows installed. Everything conflicted, and as soon as I disconnected the HDD, it came good, 100%.
My point is - I can imagine how frustrated you must be. 10 x more than anything I went through, and I was was only screwed over for 3 days or so.

Thats about what? $2K worth of stuff that youve bought there. Make it useful: Every time you open your front door, put the tower against it, to stop the wind blowing it shut again. Wink Rolling Eyes

Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:03 am

lylow wrote:
You ask for comments?

Mate. All I can say is: What a let down!!!!

I was annoyed as all hell with my new gear as it didnt work when I first fired it up either. All sorts of weird shut downs and errors. Turned out my noobish self had left an old HDD still connected with an old version of windows installed. Everything conflicted, and as soon as I disconnected the HDD, it came good, 100%.
My point is - I can imagine how frustrated you must be. 10 x more than anything I went through, and I was was only screwed over for 3 days or so.

Thats about what? $2K worth of stuff that youve bought there. Make it useful: Every time you open your front door, put the tower against it, to stop the wind blowing it shut again. Wink Rolling Eyes

Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated Frustrated

It is actually over 2k as I did get the OEM version of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit which was a extra $112 aswell, also the $45 service charge for Umart to fix what is wrong with it, plus the petrol driving all the way to Southport 5 times, lol.

lylow wrote:
Make it useful: Every time you open your front door, put the tower against it, to stop the wind blowing it shut again. Wink Rolling Eyes

LOLOL If only lmao
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 am

Ahehehe, I got a email from umart saying its ready so I went and picked it up, turned out to be faulty ram as i suspected Grin.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Wow you are amazing!
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 8:46 am

It's working like a dream, testing on bc2 in a sec Grin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....   I got a new pc, is it a good thing?.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got a new pc, is it a good thing?....
Page 1 of 1