Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!

Go down 
+5
cadet_king
Hairymofo
lylow
Union.Jack
ThePiedPiper
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 am

ok did a bit of a ring around and got this at a price that suits me. they are building it as i speak and im picking it up this afternoon.

its a core I5 3.2ghz, 4 gig DDR3, ATI raedon 5770, 500gb HD, Windows 7 HP, Thermaltake V3 mid tower.

$1165

hope this is good bang for my buck! cheers!
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:33 am

Nice work mate should run BC2 very nicley Smile
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 4:47 am

Damn right. You'll be kicking arse and taking names (off of dog tags), with that one man. Hehehe.

I just went thru it all myself. Wowweee. Good thing its gonna be years before I do it again Rolling Eyes Not Looking
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 7:21 am

Is it the i5 750 quad or dual core?

BC2 really runs a lot better with a good quad.

If it isn't you should really, really , really get the 750. There is bugger all difference in price.

Everything else looks fine.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:01 am

It looks as if you have bought the i5 650 @ 3.2Ghz.
You really should change that for a i5 750 @ 2.66 Ghz.

They are super easy to o/clock and for BC2, more cores are really important.

The recommended specs say "quad core" and a huge amount of people with duallies are struggling with them.

Whilst i was waiting for my ram to arrive, i used a dual core and even with a 4850, it was awful.
C44u2's experience here upgrading from dual to quad should be pointed out to you. https://jokersbattlefield.forumotion.com/dear-chooky-f16/help-me-upgrade-t153-30.htm
An i5 750 clock for clock is much more powerful than his quad and you would achieve pretty good fps but even with an i5 dual, I think you are going to struggle.

Good luck man, make the right decision....it's only $30 more thereabouts.
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 am

grrrrrr, its too late, im on it now and i realise it is a 650, i wish i did just a lil more research first, i just the i5 would be a quad Sad none the less so far im happy with it and when i ran that test it came up that my processor was easily over the recommended spec and that the game would run well on high quality, will have to wait and see i guess
Back to top Go down
cadet_king
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cadet_king

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:34 am

its a hyper threaded dual core so it'll run 4 threads, the i5 quad core isnt so it'll only run 4 threads not 8. not the same as a quad but should do better then previous generation dual cores.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:46 am

Run fps benchmark for a round (min,max,avg)
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:47 am

its running bc2 perfectly on high settings!!!!! so im pretty stoked!!!!!!! no lag and fps is fantastic! bring on the nOObs!
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:36 am

Thats a nice PC, not the best case but ohwell..

P.S: For this whole Dual core crap talk...

I run bc2 on a e8500 and a 9600gt (soon to be a 5770/5850) and I can play Med with little lagg...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mediamach.com
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:56 am

FlyHighNoob wrote:

I run bc2 on a e8500 and a 9600gt (soon to be a 5770/5850) and I can play Med with little lagg...

There is a big diff from dual to quad.

Lagg was just ea servers, the stuttering etc. is the dual core.

Like anything when upgrading for a game, always go for recommended specs and above.

There are shit loads of major gamer forums with pages in threads on dual probs vs quad.
100 and more people posting fraps benchies and computer/settings.ini for comparison/experiences.
They all point to the same resolution, that being the game was a ps port (3.2 Ghz triple core) and that more cores are better.
Although some of the older quads like the q6600 still struggle due to clock speed.

C44u2's upgrade showed a similar result here.

Hardly dual core crap talk....
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:15 pm

I like cheese and crackers. Sometimes with a slice of cabanossi on them too.

WTF u talking 'bout willis?

KP seems happy. So IM happy. This translates to - YOURE ALL HAPPY.

Congratulations on all your happiness. Party! Here\'s Cheers Thats Tops!
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
cadet_king
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cadet_king

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:16 pm

aww thanks lylow Smile i feel so complete now lol
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Killer, for the price you came through with a good deal and should be happy. Good job. But will the little lady be happy you are happy and able to run the new game ????? Oh well, maybe some more team speak fun in the future I guess
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:04 pm

boys im happy, no actually im stoked. the game runs perfectly on HIGH settings. however if i had a bit more knowledge i would have insisted on a quad. but IM REALLY HAPPY! anyway happy pwn'in guys!
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:11 pm

BTW happy 4 all, if every1 is happy then its happiness all round sotherefore im HAPPY, might have some cabanossi, cheezzzzzzzzzzze and crackers to celebrate this happy occasion!
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:57 pm

Hairymofo wrote:
FlyHighNoob wrote:

There is a big diff from dual to quad.

Lagg was just ea servers, the stuttering etc. is the dual core.

Like anything when upgrading for a game, always go for recommended specs and above.

There are shit loads of major gamer forums with pages in threads on dual probs vs quad.
100 and more people posting fraps benchies and computer/settings.ini for comparison/experiences.
They all point to the same resolution, that being the game was a ps port (3.2 Ghz triple core) and that more cores are better.
Although some of the older quads like the q6600 still struggle due to clock speed.

C44u2's upgrade showed a similar result here.

Hardly dual core crap talk....

Actually it is all crap, people with duos can run the game fine, C44u2 had a crappy dual core E6750, you can hardly compare that to even a core 2 duo e7300...

Youtube it if you want, loads of people on medium settings running fraps on bc2 fine.

Anyways, do you have a duo or have had one and played bc2 with it? Untill you have you should probably not bother saying crap, yes crap untill you experience it for yourself.

Anyways FYI bc2 doesn't look promising, I give it a year at most.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mediamach.com
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 6:07 pm

ok to settle this for every1, cheezzzzzzzzzze, crackers and cabanossi are on me! happy days! THREAD CLOSED????????????????????????
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 8:05 pm

I'm glad your happy with your new kit KP.
Always nice to give yourself a present like that. Grin

Maybe once they sort out the borked friends list (possibly when BC2 retail is released)
we can all squad up and pwn nubs.

Btw, if you guys see others through corrugated iron building, knife em.
Figured that out last night.
Two guys hiding behind one last night and i thought, wth give it a go and lol, they didn't know what happened.
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:08 am

You can knife people through a wooden fence on Hardcore servers Smile

As for running stuff on high in Bc2 they haven't released the high settings so it's actually medium, even if it's set to high.

Woolly was playing on a dual core and couldn't run the game without stutter, he then swapped his pc with his sister, put his 8800 in it and the game runs fine now Smile

My mate (who owns an IT company) has a dual core, played one round and is now buying a Quad core....
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:02 am

Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:29 am

im really happy with this rig, its the shizz!!!!!! ive read its can be air cooled clocked to 4.5ghz, but im happy with it as is!
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:18 pm

It's always good to have a happy killer. And you didn't even need a $250 bottle of red to get happy
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 1:30 pm

rofl, no but i happily drunk the bottle of VSOP cognac my mrs got me for valentines day to help christen the new pc. best valentines day ever!!!!, chocolate, cognac (good stuff) and a new pc!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 1:59 pm

mmmmm cognac.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!   Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just bought this, tell me its good! please!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1