Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)

Go down 
+3
Union.Jack
clawhammer
ren11
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ren11
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
ren11

(NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) Empty
PostSubject: (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)   (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 5:29 am

so i finally got my pc back, and it works great and i can run bc2 and a bunch of other games on really good setting and still keep a frame rate solid of arouind 60fps

so thats awesome.

one problem lol........

It seems the power supply is lacking some what, when im mid game with nothing but the game only running and sometimes even at normal settings, the entire pc with just shuts off like some one has pulled the plug from the wall, then 5 seconds later, with no power, no nothing, the system reboots itself, to rectify this ive been watching the system temparature in BIOS and also the temperature of the Graphics card and there has been no consistent temperatures directly after shut down, or even really that they havent been high enough to cause an overheat shut down as they have all been running in there mid range of acceplte running temperatures.

which draws me to the conclusion of not enough juice going in. have a read and let me know if you agree and what i should do about it or if there is a different option besides spending a further hundred dollers to fix it.

cheers blokes
Back to top Go down
clawhammer
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
clawhammer

PostSubject: Re: (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)   (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:52 am

I had the same trouble with my old pc a couple weeks ago and it was giving me the shits. With that and other problems, I ended up reformatting the pc and no problem since.

What sort of power supply are you running ?
Brand and power size ?
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)   (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:55 am

You should be running a 600w or above dude.

I have a 650 on mine with no issues but people recommend 750+

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_220&products_id=14531

Thats mine and it runs my pc with no issues
Back to top Go down
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

PostSubject: Re: (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)   (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:14 am

What are your pc specs? It could be a ram issue too. Have you ran any tests on it?
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

PostSubject: Re: (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)   (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Need to see some info on what your supply is and what you have under the hood that needs to be powered. Graphics card obviously is the biggest power sucker.

I was getting reboots in the middle of L4D games ages (BF2142 would run fine) ago and had to back off my CPU overclock a little and all was good again.

Have you run any memory tests, do you have any overclocks set? Have you run any stability tests on your overclocks if you have any?
Back to top Go down
DyrtyDyk
FORUM USER
DyrtyDyk

PostSubject: Re: (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)   (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:13 pm

c44u2 wrote:
Need to see some info on what your supply is and what you have under the hood that needs to be powered. Graphics card obviously is the biggest power sucker.

I was getting reboots in the middle of L4D games ages (BF2142 would run fine) ago and had to back off my CPU overclock a little and all was good again.

Have you run any memory tests, do you have any overclocks set? Have you run any stability tests on your overclocks if you have any?

and he did all of those adjustment with just one paper-clip and a can of hairspray.

...the hairsparay was for his mullet!

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.xfire.com/profile/dyrtydyk
ren11
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
ren11

PostSubject: Re: (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)   (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Ok Fella's, i jsut got my pc home from my old mans, we ran a whole battery of tests, after EVERYTHING we did, it was a FRUCKING driver Conflict, turns out the Nvidia drivers from three graphics cards ago where still in the spiderweb covered part of my hard drive and there was a conflict in information pulling from the card itself. i had to do a driver sweep after remove the entire software of nvidia and re install it all from scratch it was supposed to be easy but hit a lot of hick ups

need less to say, its now fixed.... hahaha for how long i say....

anyways, thanks to al lyou guys a bunch for putting in about this with the bits and peices as it was the questions you raised thats led to us finding the issues.

Cheerio.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)   (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:55 am

Good shit mate. Come on and have a round with us when you get a chance.

Be good to shoot the shit with ya again Wink
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)   (NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(NEW) upgraded PC DRAMA (power supply???)
Page 1 of 1