Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Low Graphics

Go down 
+9
jayssti
c44u2
Au_reefer
Peachy
RollMop
x-ume
lylow
ThePiedPiper
Union.Jack
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 2:34 am

It has recently come up that some players in Bc2 have found what is tantamount to a hack.

By setting your graphics to low and using the graphic card driver to adj the setting further you get this affect

http://www.xfire.com/video/307e38/

Whilst it looks shit and is unplayable in my opinion you gain a distinct advantage by doing so, as the trees aren't rendered until your pretty much standing by them, you can see enemies that (to them) are in cover.

It's being voted on at the pbbans site and is going to end up being defined as a "texture" hack.

Basically setting the graphics to low is ok but using the card driver to set them lower will trigger either a permenent ban by pbbans (on all PB enabled servers) or an immediate kick for "disallowed program/driver".

Last edited by Evil.Clown on Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:06 am

thats fuckin lame, may as well go play the commodore 64
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:13 am

Yeah, near impossible to play. Look at the way the wall exploded with that 40mm!

It looked like something out of an episode from the 60's batman series.

KA-BLAMO! KA-POW! ZORT!

But he could see that guy on the hill from 50 metres away when to you or I, he would have been perfectly hidden behind dense cover.

Dodgy dealings. Hope they do disallow it.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:48 am

It would also reduce the amount of smoke, dust and snow drift.

Not a good thing to see, I hope they make it bannable! or for lylow bananable.
Back to top Go down
RollMop
FORUM USER
RollMop

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 6:52 am

WoW, I could not play the game looking like that. Has this been going on since day dot of BC2?? Sad Sad I hope they do Ban people for doing this.. Also didn't people use to do the same thing on Counter strike Source?
Back to top Go down
Peachy
FORUM USER
Peachy

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:29 am

Are you fucking kidding me, why would you WANT to play the game like that, how is that enjoyable at all? I say PBan the fags that do it, they obviously aren't playing the game to enjoy the game but to gain an advantage to get kills.

I buy new games, because they look fantastic, not to buy a recent game that looks worse then DOOM 1...
Back to top Go down
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:54 am

Low tactics
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:41 pm

If you are going to do that sort of crap you may as well buy hacks and play with higher end graphics and eye candy. So sad ...
Back to top Go down
jayssti
FORUM USER
jayssti

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: looks like 16bit colours at most   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:25 am

When i played bf2142 with the vaio laptop it could only handle in game settings on low 800*600 giving me 30 fps. max the see distance also.
When i got the new rig and just for fun run the old game up high on everything i found i had a shadow. so did everyone and and only wounder how many times i could have got easy kills being able to see them, how many times did i die from my shadow too. there are pro's con's for both. but nothing beats a good frame rate that does not glitch ever.
I got good frame rate now with i7 but glitch at times still.

Also one off those 100hz plus monitor things. I think there was only 2 or 3 in production around the world. my lg 23" goes shit in snow or dust storm.
Back to top Go down
mpks
FORUM USER
mpks

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:27 am

jayssti wrote:
When i played bf2142 with the vaio laptop it could only handle in game settings on low 800*600 giving me 30 fps. max the see distance also.
When i got the new rig and just for fun run the old game up high on everything i found i had a shadow. so did everyone and and only wounder how many times i could have got easy kills being able to see them, how many times did i die from my shadow too. there are pro's con's for both. but nothing beats a good frame rate that does not glitch ever.
I got good frame rate now with i7 but glitch at times still.

Also one off those 100hz plus monitor things. I think there was only 2 or 3 in production around the world. my lg 23" goes shit in snow or dust storm.

I was the same when I got a decent PC, I found there were shadows from the silos, writing on the wall in the titan, grass, marks on the roads.
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:58 am

agreed dirty dogs for finding ways around a good game to wreck it for everyone

i run 2 480gtxs OC and have my settings on medium for multiplayer get 280fps avg in game as well as having the nice graphic eye candy

plus it looks killa when i pwn JKS and see blood splat lololol
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:30 am

How do you get 280 fps? mine flat lines at 200fps and wont go
any higher.
Back to top Go down
equip3d
FORUM USER

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:48 am

i have everything maxed out, but havent overclocked and sit at around the 100fps, would i be better having everything on medium, and clown if you have such powerful cards howcome you only set it to medium graphics and would i be better doing the same. ?
Back to top Go down
jayssti
FORUM USER
jayssti

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:35 pm

equip3d wrote:
i have everything maxed out, but havent overclocked and sit at around the 100fps, would i be better having everything on medium, and clown if you have such powerful cards howcome you only set it to medium graphics and would i be better doing the same. ?
try it your self, for a day try medium and see what u had more fun with. i hate high. even bf2142 with new rig i set it back to the low setting getting me normal k/d ratio back. i run 70fps, was not looking for much more when i built system. I need to raid it and i will be happy. faster load times for round starts, everyone is at 1st mcom or flag when i spawn Cry
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:52 pm

for ati cards it was the drivers loading times which were 10.5 onwards more than the hard drive it is loaded off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Low Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low Graphics   Low Graphics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Low Graphics
Page 1 of 1