Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP MEEEEEEEE

Go down 
+8
lylow
Union.Jack
HellFire
SuperCannons
cranky
FlyHighNoob
x-ume
Lucky
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SuperCannons
FORUM USER
SuperCannons

HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:19 am

HellFire wrote:
Lucky i recommend you to save a bit more and get an intel. AMD are ok for value and gaming but when you need to raw power intel shit all over amd.

not necessarily, AMD come up with some fine cpu's every now and then, and the fact they beat intel for value and gaming pretty much means they shit all over intel, kinda looks like you contradicted yourself there, if need be, he can get a cheap i5 for shit all money.
Back to top Go down
http://paidgamers.net

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:32 am

I have a Palit 9600 SMART 1GB graphics card that I don't use... (I dismantled my alienware) if you're interested
Back to top Go down
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 am

SuperCannons wrote:
HellFire wrote:
Lucky i recommend you to save a bit more and get an intel. AMD are ok for value and gaming but when you need to raw power intel shit all over amd.

not necessarily, AMD come up with some fine cpu's every now and then, and the fact they beat intel for value and gaming pretty much means they shit all over intel, kinda looks like you contradicted yourself there, if need be, he can get a cheap i5 for shit all money.

AMD beat intel on price because AMD are underpowered big time. Intel will leave an AMD for gaming or apps for dead. For example ripping a bluray movie requires alot of cpu power. AMD will do it but it will take longer. Average rip takes 5-8 hour with twin re encoding on an Intel.

Plus Lucky only needs to spend a few dollars extra to get sometging better.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:08 pm

Midnight wrote:
I have a Palit 9600 SMART 1GB graphics card that I don't use... (I dismantled my alienware) if you're interested

All good, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:25 am

Not sure if you bought anything yet. But i was browsing for a new led monitor and i saw this. http://www.xpmicro.com.au/cgi-bin/xpmicro/XP-GAME-i7-930.html?id=oC4MLBQw
I' ve been to this shop alot of times they are ok.

Edit: web address
Back to top Go down
SuperCannons
FORUM USER
SuperCannons

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:35 am

its a bit expensive, and it looks stripped of good parts, its an i7 on a cheap mobo, cheap video card, cheap ram, lol... must i continue?
Back to top Go down
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:38 am

What do you expect to get under $1000? At least its a start for the I7, you can always upgrade it leter on
Back to top Go down
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:40 am

Expensive? Not really for people that dont know how to build a pc that a good base price compared to some other rip off deals out there.
Back to top Go down
SuperCannons
FORUM USER
SuperCannons

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:06 am

yeah, well considering you can get better parts cheaper, i reckon a little more research into what the person actually needs it for is in order.

then we can decide what the best price is..
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 4:06 pm

Well i still havent bought anything yet but i may do soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:22 pm

How would something like this run? :S I just picked some shit out of everything and random stuff!

HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 Joels_10
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:32 pm

To be honest lucky on your budget you can lose the soundcard and cooler. The onboard sound is fine and the cooler that comes with the I series processers is fine.

Spend the $200 on headphones and a decent mouse/keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:34 pm

OK! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:43 pm

On second thought dude you need a powersupply!!
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Evil.Clown wrote:
On second thought dude you need a powersupply!!

NOOB!
Back to top Go down
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Evil.Clown wrote:
To be honest lucky on your budget you can lose the soundcard and cooler. The onboard sound is fine and the cooler that comes with the I series processers is fine.

Spend the $200 on headphones and a decent mouse/keyboard.

I agree with evil about the sound card and the power supply but... if i was you i would be looking at one of this babies
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Seagate+Momentus+XT&x=0&y=0
they are half way between a normal hdd and a ssd. go in one of the hdd link they have a video you will see the difference
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Lucky is a bit tight with the $$$$$$ thought mate. So my suggestion: While YES, you do need a PSU ......

You dont need a case though!

Wrap the whole thing in Glad Wrap, and then not only is it safe and water tight - its stylishly see through!

And best of all: Thats less $50 right there!
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:15 pm

I can always upgrade Smile ATM its get something right away and add to it later.
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Are you building a new pc lucky or refurbing an old one?

Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:39 pm

It depends! building ATM, unless my bro goes have this one...
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:41 am

Lucky, Here is something low cost that will get you up and running for a year until you
get the funds for an upgrade to an I7 system. All you need for an upgrade later on is
MB socket 1366, I7 CPU and a graphics card aswell.

HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 Luckie10

But for $300 more I would go for an I7, this will be more suitable and all you have to do is
throw a new grapics card in later. This will save you around $500 as you wont be replacing parts
from the I5 to upgrade to and I7, money better spent on a grapics card.

HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 Luck_i10

I only used a 500gb HDD, if you need more you can always add to it later on.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks Zoomie looks wicked mate! ill save a little more! close but i guess it pays to wait Razz
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:54 pm

no probs mate, any time
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:27 pm

x-ume wrote:
no probs mate, any time
Except between 7-9 pm on Tuesdays. Thats zoomies "Me Time".... Suspect

Remember - Just cause he pays for it - dont mean its aint true love. Wink Love Love Love Love
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
equip3d
FORUM USER

PostSubject: problem :(   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:58 pm

going ok with my pc build considering iv never attempted it before (fingers crossed it works), but first major problem i have is the ssd drive is 2.5 inch and the 900 case as far as i can see is only set up for 5 and 3.5 inch drives, so how do i get the thing in securely ????? sendin me crazy any help pls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP MEEEEEEEE   HELP MEEEEEEEE - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP MEEEEEEEE
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Dear Chooky-
Jump to: