Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

core I7 unlocked multipliers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

core I7 unlocked multipliers Empty
PostSubject: core I7 unlocked multipliers   core I7 unlocked multipliers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 pm

K stands for Unlocked

Intel has finally realized that unlocking some CPUs completely is not a bad idea and it looks like it's planning to introduce some new completely unlocked CPUs.

In the first days of June Intel plans to release Core i7 875K, which will be the first unlocked socket LGA1156 CPU. It fits on P55 powered motherboards and it is overclocking enabled CPU.

This means that this CPU will allow full control over the processor frequency ratio for the best possible overclocking results. The TDP of this CPU is 95W and your board will need a bios update to work. It's a quad-core CPU with Turbo Boost and dual channel DDR3 1333 memory support.

We don’t know the exact frequency but we believe that it should be close to 3.0GHz, simply as Core i7 870 works at 2.93GHz. So the logic is quite sound, when you see the K suffix, it will mean that you are getting the completely unlocked CPU.
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

core I7 unlocked multipliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: core I7 unlocked multipliers   core I7 unlocked multipliers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:51 am

I would love to be able to afford one of those babies!
Back to top Go down

core I7 unlocked multipliers
Page 1 of 1