Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mouse smoothing fix

Go down 
+5
JoeBlake
Regats
Lucky
crakhore69
Hairymofo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

Mouse smoothing fix Empty
PostSubject: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 am

From CarbonFire of the PA forums:

CARBONFIRE'S Mouse Smoothing and Turret Speed Fix for BFBC2

This fix will change the way your mouse works in-game for both your regular infantry view and when using stationary / vehicle turrets or Choppers.

Currently Battlefield Bad Company 2 has mouse smoothing on by default, with no way of turning the feature off in the game's settings. Mouse Smoothing normalizes your mouse's input, "smoothing out" very fast or very slow movements. The result of this smoothing is often aiming that feels floaty or laggy, which is obviously not desirable in an FPS!

Also BFBC2 turrets tend to turn at a much slower rate compared to normal infantry mouse aiming. This fix will solve that problem and opens the potential for turrets to reach their maximum turning speed without affecting infantry movement. This will also make vehicle turrets turn faster, but they have a hard-coded maximum turning speed, so don't expect to pull a quick 180 with a tank turret anytime soon.

The rest can be read here: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/446923.page

It works, tweak to your personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 am

Although you have to be careful (always backup), it changes the mouse so that it is similar to 2142.

Only real hassle is that you lose the option to change mouse speed in options and have to do it in those settings or in your mouse software i.e. logitech setpoint.

Other than that, when you run and jump into a tank. the turret actually turns well.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 am

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/473594.page#4410796

New bit of software to alter this as above for those too scared to do it tyhe hard way.

Although much easier now with options for all units!
Back to top Go down
crakhore69
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
crakhore69

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 4:06 am

damn i thought this was like gonna be an ad for advanced hair...YEH YEH for my poor little pet mouse. A hairless pussy is better than a hairless mouse.

Mouse smoothing fix 20257910
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:03 am

Rofl.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:56 am

Jesus man, thats the fugliest rodent i've ever seen Not Looking
Back to top Go down
Regats
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Regats

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:29 am

LOL Woolly
Back to top Go down
Regats
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Regats

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am

I tried the mousefix thing, put the stationary/vehicle up to 30 (recommended was 10) but still could'nt notice much difference. I just gave up and deleted it.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:04 am

You must be missing something there regats as it works a treat.

Turret speeds are significantly faster and even general movements work similar to CoD or 2142 etc.
Back to top Go down
Regats
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Regats

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:12 am

Ok, well what do you put the vehicle/stationary setting to? I cranked it up but it still takes at least twice as much mouse movement for the tank turret to turn 180 as it would for my soldier to turn 180.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:44 pm

I did it the original way, through the gamesettings.ini but many report success with the application listed.

Not being right there next to you, i can't really see what the problem is soz.
Back to top Go down
Regats
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Regats

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Ok. No worries. I might have another go of it later.
Back to top Go down
JoeBlake
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:19 pm

This works so well my kdr of 1:2 is now like 5:1... obviously something wrong with the native settings!..
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:00 am

Mouse smoothing dumbing down your movements~!
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:10 am

ok i just DL it, ill give it a run 2nite Grin
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:04 am

Well I installed it - to tell you the truth, i havent had too much trouble with my mouse not going where I want it to.

I HAVE had issues with the tank and mounted gun sensitivities being sooooo low that its bloody impossible to use them.

This little program fixes that issue for me quite nicely. The main tank gun, and all the fixed position HMG's and AA guns turn really well. Not exactly the same, but close to how they operate in 2142.

Nice find mate. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
SirEatAlot
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:18 am

i use a 5700 dpi mouse from logitech its really sensitive. since then im still broke from buying it.
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:13 am

great program
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mouse smoothing fix   Mouse smoothing fix I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mouse smoothing fix
Page 1 of 1