Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad Company hints and tips

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

Bad Company hints and tips Empty
PostSubject: Bad Company hints and tips   Bad Company hints and tips I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 9:46 am

Bad fps?
Go to My Documents/BFBC2BETA/Settings and change dx=auto to dx=(whatever version of dx your pc has) To get this click start/run type in dxdiag and at the bottom of the window it'll tell you your dx version. Vista/Win7 should be 11.

Also try changing the sound setting in the same file to sound=low. BC2 uses your cpu to run sound so turning that down should increase fps.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company hints and tips   Bad Company hints and tips I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:10 am

Source: http://gamers-underground.com/action-fps/32463-bad-company-2-beta-tweaks-faq.html

Bad Company 2 beta tweaks & FAQ

To force the use of all processors:
- Add "+fullproc" without the quotations to your desktop shortcut or Steam game's "launch options".

For a reported giant general performance boost:
- Documents>BFBC2Beta and open up "settings"
- Change "Bloom=true" to false

For another potentially big performance update (especially with Quad Core users):
- Change "HSAO=true" to false (also settable in the in-game "advanced" graphics settings)

Other settings.ini changes that you can try:
- Undergrowth=”medium” – Put this to low, if experiencing frame-rate issues. This map has a lot of it.
- Water=”medium” - Not really any water to traverse in this map, go ahead and set this to low.
- MSAA=”2″ - This is Anti-aliasing, this will always use up a lot of a gpx cards resources. Set this to “0″
- Shadows=”medium”- you can also set this to low to improve performance
- Textures=”medium”- Setting this to low can improve FPS at the cost of visual eye candy.
- Aniso=2 - Set this to 0 to disable Anisotropic filtering.

To fix sticky controls (for those who get key shadow/lag with wasd etc):
- Delete the joystick conrols under foot (options->controls->foot), then it works fine

To run DX9 for improved performance (this also stops random crashes for some people):
- Add "DxVersion=dx9" to the list (without quotation)

You closed the PunkBuster agreement window and can't get it back:
- Head to Steam\steamapps\common\battlefield bad company 2 beta\install\PunkBuster and re-install Punkbuster

To run the game in a window:
- Simply hit alt+enter and change your resolution to something smaller than your desktop.

To enable the Steam overlay on DirectX 10 and 11:
- Participate in the Steam client beta (Settings > Account > Beta participation).

For sticky/laggy mouse issues:
- Disable mouse acceleration in the game's mouse settings, and turn off Vsync in the graphics settings.

What ports should I open for multiplayer if I'm having connectivity trouble?
- Port: 80 TCP
- Port: 18121 TCP
- Port: 18126 TCP
- Port: 18126 UDP
- Port: 13505 TCP

You can't look up-down and/or left-right - "my mouse isn't working"
- You've accidentally bound something to the axes that BF2 uses for looking around.
- Reset your controls to fix this.
- In future, when binding things to your mouse, pay close attention; if you move the mouse at all while binding, it will register & bind that horizontal or vertical movement axes, replacing your look ones.
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company hints and tips   Bad Company hints and tips I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:10 pm

some guy at overclockers recons the nVidia Beta drivers 196.34s make BFBC2 WAY smoother

But I didn't try it out tonight
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company hints and tips   Bad Company hints and tips I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 12:44 am

Elsewhere it has been pointed out that bc2 uses a lot of cpu to process sounds and that changing from hifi to headset alleviates this a bit BUT, the setting doesn't stick so you have to do it every time you start the game.
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company hints and tips   Bad Company hints and tips I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:47 am

i use about 70% of my quadcore but use 1.5 gig of ram and 2142 used 1.8 gig of ram in win7 64
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bad Company hints and tips   Bad Company hints and tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Company hints and tips
Page 1 of 1