Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next update (some time next week)

Go down 
+14
Regats
DyrtyDyk
sorrythathurt
BULLBAR
RollMop
ThePiedPiper
x-ume
Hairymofo
cadet_king
Lucky
lylow
cd4562
cranky
Union.Jack
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

Next update (some time next week) Empty
PostSubject: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:53 pm

The next release of the game client is currently in QA.

We will perform another synchronized client/server update. It is expected to take place early next week.

The client update will be roughly 500MB in size.

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
Server - Idle kick is controllable
Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
Admin Interface - much more info on kills
Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
Server Browser - Now refreshes information
Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
Server Browser - all settings are automatically saved between sessions
Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Improved Play Now functionality
Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:59 pm

yay, infantry only levels seems good.
Back to top Go down
cd4562
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cd4562

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 3:00 am

sounds good infantry only, and then no gustav and snipers ?? would be awesome !!
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 7:12 am

• WE CAN FUCKIN SWEAR AGAIN!!!!!!!

• We can put up a proper description finally for our servers. Not just the half a line warning about spamming 40mm 'nades that we have now.

• I only copped it once - but that russian pilot couldnt see a thing in his heli. Thats good. And you can fire countermeasures now? Sounds wicked for our pilots in the clan.

• Knifing will work again - nuff said.

• Settings saved between sessions. I hope so. My kits have glitched again, and remain constantly saved to how I had them configured a week ago.

• Chat when dead - nice. We can all bitch and moan to the fella who shot us - just like good ol' 2142.

• Points you score when dead, get added to your score. Finally! Its not rocket science. If its your med kit healing someone, or your ammo crate resupplying them - whos else should be getting those points, just because you're belly up?

And for 500Mb it had want to be decent. I cant help but notice though: All they are really fixing/including are (other than a que to join full servers) things that have either been their most elementary fuck ups from day one, or things that have been set as standard in the BF series for years.

I stand by my opinion: Terrible way to launch a game. You cant tell me that all the things they are doing now COULDNT BE THOUGHT OF ONCE in all the years they spent developing it?
It took "public feedback" to realise we might want to swear? Or choose when people get idle kicked on our own servers? Or to have our kits remembered between rounds?

Ah well. At least they are working on it.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:18 am

Finally.
Back to top Go down
cd4562
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cd4562

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:04 am

Mate this game feels like it was developed for console only then simply cut and pasted for pc.

They could have had such a hit of a game if they followed the 2142 titan template, say have 2 aircraft carriers that need shit blown up on them ??

Or some other strategic shit, that presents multiple defend or attack strategies ??

lets hope they learn for BF3 or just bring out 2143, just add new maps, destructable environments and the updated graphics !!!!!
Back to top Go down
cadet_king
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cadet_king

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:48 am

i like the queing thing for joining a server Smile
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm

The Balance tweaks are as follows:

Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:21 am

Lucky wrote:

The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.

Meaning what? The An94 has been nerfed this whole time Ive been using it? Jesus, no wonder bullbar got hooked in the early days.
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:26 am

lylow wrote:
Lucky wrote:

Meaning what? The An94 has been nerfed this whole time Ive been using it? Jesus, no wonder bullbar got hooked in the early days.

No, in the last patch they increased the range and damage of the Hackinacan, no it'll be reduced to what it was. I notice they aren't returning the M16 to what it was though.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:00 am

They shag around with pissy little changes to the alright weapons and still haven't really resolved the problems around nubs and the CG and m60.

Rant over Smile
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:45 am

What really needs fixing is the hit detection.. no wonder we cant out shoot gustavs and m60s Angry
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:23 am

I thought u were l33t
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:36 am

x-ume wrote:
I thought u were l33t

I thought u were Worried
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:51 am

not me, Im just along for the ride.
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:53 am

Hit detection seems fine to me. I think the hit boxes are much more realistic than in CoD and past BF series games.

AT weapons should have bugger all splash damage being more a armor piercing round rather than an explosive round.

M60 would be better if they made it incompatible with any form of scope. That would scare a huge amount of nubs off. No red dot...ewww, too hard Wink

Glad they are putting the knife back to original settings.
A lot didn't like it but at least you could knife from behind and teabag. Now they just turn and face shoot you.
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:09 am

nice news about the knife! they should make the splash of the CG minimal!
Back to top Go down
RollMop
FORUM USER
RollMop

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:32 am

Thanks for the info guys, And AWSOME news on the Knife issue. WooT WooT cheers
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:59 am

The hit detection is good when it works. I find its a very random thing base on the amount of people on the server. The more going on in the game like explotion and 64 dudes running around firing all types of weapons does throw the hit detection off.

Severs with less guys playing, are way better.
Back to top Go down
sorrythathurt
FORUM USER
sorrythathurt

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:02 am

is this an update everyone can get...........
does anyone else have problems with there vehical unlocks as i did have them now i have nothing at all......... everytime i finsh a game and it goes to the update screen and u got to the unlock stats screen the vehical unlock down the bottom is missing it was there when i played for the first couple of times now it has dissapeared...... has anyone else have this problem can find anything on the net about this issue.......
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:05 pm

Sorry mate. I dont know about that one. No vehicle unlocks?

If no one else knows anything, or cant help you: The only thing I can think to do is to go onto the EA UK forums. Sign up and make a post there, stating your troubles. Even if no one official gets back to you - thousands of people read those forums each day (as opposed to about 20 guys here). If anyone can help you - they can.

Here is the link:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/
Back to top Go down
RollMop
FORUM USER
RollMop

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:05 pm

NICe work LyLow!! Smile
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:08 am

"Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs." YAY
Back to top Go down
sorrythathurt
FORUM USER
sorrythathurt

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:10 am

TRIED THE FORUM U HAVE TO SIGN UP DONT LIKE DOING THAT JUST FOR ONE POST SHIT IM YELLING AGAIN......... cant get the banners to come up on my posts either have added them to my profile but nothing when i post a post grrrrr..........
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:36 am

Re-install....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next update (some time next week)   Next update (some time next week) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next update (some time next week)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next