Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!

Go down 
+5
MidnightBeast
sorrythathurt
Union.Jack
ThePiedPiper
Mephisto
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! Empty
PostSubject: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 am

MY PC is cactus with little help of fixing .. apparently my GPU and hard drives have bit the dust so i need to get set up ASAP
I will be shopping through Umart .. does anyone know if they upgrade your old pc ???

its close to XMAS so my budget is tighter than a ducks bum!!

i am not that PC literate with the build side of things and don't want to gt ripped off. but i want to have a good rig to play my games on

i was thinking i could salvage the
TOWER
MAINBOARD-asus pk5r i don't know if its 32 or 64 bit ?? anyone know ?
CPU-Intel core2 duo 3Ghz L2 4MB cache 1333Mhz
RAM- 4 G DD2
PSU- i don't know but i think its output is 750w
OPtical drive is fine

SO really i want to get some SSD's and a new GPU if possible .. but where can i find out if the GPU i want is compatible with my main board !

i can't play till i get this fixed .. and its been 22 hours and its killing me .. i want to try and get it tomorrow or the next day if possible!

Back to top Go down
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 am

ALSO CHECK THIS LINK... should i get one of the options i don't know i have been racking my brain thinking about this shit !!!!

http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=4
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:09 am

wats ur budget dude?
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:13 am

roughly at the most $1000 but the missus knows i need my vice of gaming so she said i could take it up to 1600 if needed ! but i really want to make it something small... you knw what they are like.. its cool ...but its also precious precious ammo for themshoot me down !!!

that is why is was looking at upgrading.. so i could get a good GPU .. or even a package deal but i don't really know what the good products are !
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:15 am

The easiest thing to do phisto is get a new hdd and graphics card. That way wait until after christmass to spend the real money on a complete new rig.

The board you listed is the older 775 so it won't support the I series cpu's.

Your better off getting a quick fix now and upgrading after Christmass.
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:16 am

you can buy a whole new rig for $1000 to $1500 and a good 1 at that, go an i7 with a decent card and ddr3. you will not be dissapointed!
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:23 am

hmmm decisions decisions !!!! have a look at the link i posted and tell me which one of them any of you lads would pick please !!!!!
Back to top Go down
sorrythathurt
FORUM USER
sorrythathurt

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 am

mate u need to check ebay heaps on there cheap to and u can get gaming models to see how u go ................... my uncle built mine for me so if u do get stuck let me no i can get a quote for u im in wa but shipping is not that much....... Wink
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:47 am

Dude I can give you a 250GB Hard Drive SATA (7200RPM) and Palit SMART 1GB 9600 to you for say, $50 + Price of shipping.

They will run fine for the next few months until you can upgrade.

Up to you of course Smile

(Reason its cheap is my Alienware died and now I have an i7 laptop.. no use for desktop components)
Back to top Go down
Regats
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Regats

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:40 am

Dude, I just got a SSD for $158! (PC DIY) The "OCZ" Vertex 2 60 gig. Like Rocka said, If you get a nice vid card and drive, you can put them in a new tower later on!

Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:30 am

^ Take regats's advice mate.

Wait for the Christmas sales and more time to get stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:37 pm

just ordered this !

SHOULD SOLVE MY PROBLEMS

Product & Support # Warranty Expire at Total Fail Return
Corsair Force Series 60GB SSD2.5 MLC SSD, 285/275MB/Sec,SATA II 1 15/12/2011 $150.00 RTB1 warranty
Gigabyte GTX570 1280Mb PCI Express 1 15/12/2011 $450.00 RTB1 warranty
Total : $600.00
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 pm

hmmmm, man i would have gone the cheaper gaming rig off that site for $1200. you just dropped 6hun on an old pc, for twice you get a new 1 and would keep you happy.... no matter what ppl say....

i got an i5, 5770, ddr3 etc etc. its not an i7 but oh well, it still kicks ass!!!!! trust me, it still kicks ass!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 am

that GFX card is goin to be bottle necked real bad by your CPU and ram mate but still its a great card
Back to top Go down
MIC
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 4:17 am

i have an i7 930 for sale 2 months old never played over clocked just benchmarked at 3.66ghz, upgrading to 980 mainly so my 2 5970s dont bottle neck so much
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 2:31 pm

yeah well i jus figured i would get what i needed nw and by after xmas i will have more cash to dish out on a new main board and cpu and ram ! . only had limited funds so i got what i could .. just needed to get back into it ..it was seriously causing me some damage.. i forgot how boring RL is!
Back to top Go down
goosey1608
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:32 am

You've done well. I did the same thing this time last year with my core duo. New GPU, Case and PSU. Then when i had some coin, I replaced the motherboard, CPU and ram with some slick gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!   NEED URGENT  HELP UPGRADING !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEED URGENT HELP UPGRADING !!!
Page 1 of 1