Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

thinking of upgrade what u guys think

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jayssti
FORUM USER
jayssti

thinking of upgrade what u guys think Empty
PostSubject: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 1:44 am

ASUS VG236H 23" Widescreen 3D LCD Monitor.
I got an LG 23'' 5ms cheap thing now and looking at the 3d lcd. $630 Anyone know if they are worth the money?
I got the 480tx to run it already.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1087&products_id=15266

If they're a good thing i would like to set up 3, Im not sure if the bf games go across the 3 screens but they are made to support 3d at least. Anyone had any exp with this? they say u dont turn back after u use 3d in game. im getting keen to see what goes on in there.... cyclops
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:43 pm

They are pretty exited about the BenQ XL2410T over at http://apcmag.com/first-look-the-benq-xl2410t-.htm impressive! It can now be bought for $500 - $550 at a couple of places.

Or there is the ASUS VG236H 23 inch 3D Black FullHD HDMI/DVI 2ms with Nvidia3DGlass Umart Online $669!
http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=143&bid=5&sid=66715
Back to top Go down
jayssti
FORUM USER
jayssti

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:37 pm

thanks chook. the benq does look nice and might be a slight better monitor but misses the sterovision feature. I will bite the bullet and order the one asus and judge meself if there worth spending the big coin on another 2 plus another 480 and a bigger psu.

Might have it ready for bf3 with any luck. bounce
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 11:21 pm

What do you mean by the stereo vision feature?

Also does 3D work for you in the movies? About 12 - 24% of the population can't see 3D properly no mater what the hardware due to vision problems.
Back to top Go down
jayssti
FORUM USER
jayssti

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 am

chookstrangler wrote:
What do you mean by the stereo vision feature?

Also does 3D work for you in the movies? About 12 - 24% of the population can't see 3D properly no mater what the hardware due to vision problems.

3 monitors side bye side giving u the real view u have in life. stero vision its called. Yeah im in two minds about 3d working with me too. When i have tried the red blue glasses the image goes inside the monitor not coming out. so yeah i dont know. The stero vision i dont know wheter its 3d also but i would not use the 3 monitors in 3d vision, as there will be already a shit load going on .

I just ordered the 1st one and will pick it up within a couple off hours.

There is a good screen pics off this setup on the asus site somewhere , i cant find them now.. if i do i will post them up.
Back to top Go down
jayssti
FORUM USER
jayssti

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 5:06 am

1st game in 3d was good. 8:1 kill ratio on foot running around to see what every thing looked like. NEED A DARK ROOM. I dumped the goggles and went 120hz.
Oh the picture just smashed my old screen. If i stood in a motor shower i reckon i could catch one with me hands. very nice monitor if anyones looking for 120hz. Grin
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:43 am

I thought that 3 x monitor business was called "eyefinity" , but maybe thats only the ATI terminology?
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
jayssti
FORUM USER
jayssti

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:38 am

NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround technology,
stereoscopic 3D,
Full HD 1080p 3D Vision gaming 5760x1080 .
2D SURROUND GAMING, Game across three non-3D displays with resolutions up to 2560x1600.

I think the last one is what i want.

I've being mucking around, The 3d depth can be played with and it makes big difference, still dont think i would be playing to much in 3d, never know i might take to it. I had a quick go in bf2142 and the glitches in the background were sad compared to bfbc2.

P.S got stuff flying out off the screen , me 6yr girl love the effect. 3m back and she waving arms in the air trying to catch stuff. lol works on my eyes too.
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:16 pm

It sounds like your pretty happy with it! I might have to put an order in with Santa!
Back to top Go down
jayssti
FORUM USER
jayssti

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:16 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thinking of upgrade what u guys think   thinking of upgrade what u guys think I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thinking of upgrade what u guys think
Page 1 of 1