Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

List to protect your PC.

Go down 
+2
lylow
FlyHighNoob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

List to protect your PC. Empty
PostSubject: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Okay, so since I have abit of knowledge in keeping computers safe, I will post all the Free Anti Virus stuff I use, and some I don't use, all these are free I won't be putting my Paid ones here. I will put information on each that aren't basic, E.G: Virus scanners will not have information as they are basic. Note: Some of these programs have free and paid versions, use whatever one you prefer, all of these are exceptional. This is in NO particular order.

The List
1. Comodo Internet Security 3.8 - Download
2. SUPERAntiSpyware - Download
3. VundoFix - Download
4. Trend Micro Hijack This™️ - Download
5. SmitFraudFix - Download
6. SandBoxie - Download Information about SandBoxie - Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer. In other words anything you run in SandBoxie.. Stays in SandBoxie, if you download a infected file run it in SandBoxie, you then close SandBoxie and restart your computer, wow no virus? It's a really good program.
7. Avast! - Download
8. Anti-Vir - Download
9. AVG - http://www.avg.com/product-avg-anti-virus-free-edition
10. Trend Micro Housecall - Download
11. Kaspersky Online Scanner - Download
12. BitDefender Online Scanner - Download
13. CA Online Threat Scanner - Download
14. AVG Anti-Spyware Free Edition - Download
15. Windows Defender - Download
16. Spybot S&D 1.6.2 - Download
17. Windows Live OneCare Safety Scan - Download
18. Prevx CSI - Download
19. Spyware Blaster - Download Infomation on Spyware blaster, this wonderful program is not a scanner, it real time protects you from installing Spyware, very nifty.
20. ThreatFire - Download
21. Comodo Free Firewall - Download
22. AVG Anti-Rootkit Free - Download
23. GMER - Download
24. WOT - Download WOT Info - WOT, short for Web Of Trust is an amazingly add on for Firefox. What does it do? Well people rate sites based on 4 attributes, won't go into them. If there is a site that has a poor Web Of Trust rating, it will warn you. It's a very useful add on I suggest you try it.
25. Malware Bytes - Download
26. Avira Download

Recommended Browser: Firefox Download

CCleaner is a nifty little program that cleans all your cache etc, it's really good and I run it everyday, you should too. Download

That's it, may add more later on. Do not use more than 1 Anti Virus software or more than 1 Firewall!

Since I made this myself, manually getting links, writing down the names etc, I would appreciate it if you don't steal it, if you want to use it ASK ME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mediamach.com
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:44 am

Thats cool man. Hell of a lot of work there. No one from here will be nicking your work and calling it their own. (Otherwise its them that will be getting owned Twisted Evil )

Tell me - is the list of programs in any order? As in, do you recommend number 1 over say, number 14?

I already use CC cleaner, AVG, Spybot, and Adaware. Why pay for what you can get online for free? If someone is nice enough to make it available for free, Im willing to be nice enough and USE it for free Wink
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:27 am

FlyHighNoob wrote:
This is in NO particular order.
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 6:24 am

Thanks Lucky Razz.

Lylow, I only put that steal part in there because this took me awhile to make and keep updated, I have it on several forums im on so it is just easier as people would love to steal it, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 7:42 am

Haha no worries, Lylow's a bit hmm.. slow? Wink Gotta love him though Razz
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 am

I think you missed Microsoft Security Essentials

I will also add that AV-Comparatives.org is the best place to find out how the programs in the list are performing lately.

Thanks for listing them all!
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:02 am

Ah yeah, I missed that in there Noob. Sorry matey. Too focused on the list, and not on the gist of the list.

Ahh im a comedian...... Suspect

You're righ tho mate. Just saying - no one's gonna nick it here, even if it is a stock post that u warn everyone on. Id boot anyone from the clan for copyright theft.

By the way: How about that latest torrent for Avatar hey? pirat

Hehehehe elephant
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 3:49 pm

chookstrangler wrote:
I think you missed Microsoft Security Essentials

I will also add that AV-Comparatives.org is the best place to find out how the programs in the list are performing lately.

Thanks for listing them all!

Microsoft Secruity Essentials is a big no no for me.

lylow wrote:
Ah yeah, I missed that in there Noob. Sorry matey. Too focused on the list, and not on the gist of the list.

Ahh im a comedian...... Suspect

You're righ tho mate. Just saying - no one's gonna nick it here, even if it is a stock post that u warn everyone on. Id boot anyone from the clan for copyright theft.

Hehehehe elephant

Well, I am a regular warez-bb user and TPB user and in about a week ive seen countless amounts of Avatar torrents Grin.
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:21 pm

"Microsoft Security Essentials is a big no no for me."

Why is that?
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:47 am

chookstrangler wrote:

Why is that?

Because it has the evil M-word in it??????

*Chants*
DOWN WITH GATES!!! DOWN WITH GATES!!!! We shall not, we shall not be moved! Razz

hehe
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:54 am

I love this kid ^
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:00 am

chookstrangler wrote:

Why is that?

Because I used it before and I got a several viruses and 1 keylogger with it. I mean one is ok and understandable, but several?.... I had to throw out my Hard drive and get a new one -_-. I now use AVG paid edition with Spybot S&D and no problems...
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 am

I have been replacing various AV software with MSE on several PC's I have worked on and it invariably finds stuff the others missed. I also like it because it is fast and unobtrusive. It also gets the best rating of free AV's by AV Comparatives. I am repairing a severely infected PC as I post that was running Avast.
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:35 pm

chookstrangler wrote:
I have been replacing various AV software with MSE on several PC's I have worked on and it invariably finds stuff the others missed. I also like it because it is fast and unobtrusive. It also gets the best rating of free AV's by AV Comparatives. I am repairing a severely infected PC as I post that was running Avast.

I generally don't use free anti viruses, just paid, but I do use Spybot S&D which is free and EXCELLENT Smile, try it for that infected pc.
Back to top Go down
Nissmo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:18 pm

lylow wrote:

Hehehehe elephant

NER ner ner ner I have that hahahaha only cause you and rocka told me it was soo good I'm going to watch again soon loveddddd it great movie. Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 8:41 am

Im waiting for it to come on DVD because then people rip it straight from the DVD and thats better quality than cam version.

Its a great movie thou Smile.
Back to top Go down
Dave247
FORUM USER
Dave247

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:49 am

FlyHighNoob wrote:
Im waiting for it to come on DVD because then people rip it straight from the DVD and that's better quality than cam version.

This is what I sometimes do with a great program called DVDFab.
I've never downloaded a movie for this reason, it's a waste of download usage to me.

I would think that downloaded movies would be low quality because some people go into the cinema with a small camcorder and record the whole movie and then post it on the internet.

You sometimes see black figures at the bottom of the screen. This is people in the theater getting up from their seat.

With the real disc you can also get 5.1 surround sound. If you have a home theater system.
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 9:55 am

Have repaired 2 PC's with virus/malware infections over the last couple of days. The first was running Avast the second was running AVG 8.5.

This is what was found by Malwarebytes and MSE:
Trojan:WinNT/Alureon.D
Rootkit.TDSS
Trojan.FakeAlert
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:58 am

chookstrangler wrote:
Have repaired 2 PC's with virus/malware infections over the last couple of days. The first was running Avast the second was running AVG 8.5.

This is what was found by Malwarebytes and MSE:
Trojan:WinNT/Alureon.D
Rootkit.TDSS
Trojan.FakeAlert

Ahh I fixed my friends one via TeamViewer 2 months ago, she downloaded one of those fake anti viruses that report all these viruses and doesn't letcha use your internet browser etc, it was such a bitch and very agressive, took 6 hours to get rid of because I couldn't get any programs off the net and the dam process wouldn't close and it didn't let me delete shit all, lol.
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:07 am

Yes, this one was a bitch too! Would not let any AV software run or install or allow Task Manager. Any attempt to find out or fix any problem made the PC freeze. So I just plugged the drive into my PC and scanned and cleaned it from my PC, that fixed it. Bloody thing tried to infect my PC but MSE stopped it.
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 pm

chookstrangler wrote:
Yes, this one was a bitch too! Would not let any AV software run or install or allow Task Manager. Any attempt to find out or fix any problem made the PC freeze. So I just plugged the drive into my PC and scanned and cleaned it from my PC, that fixed it. Bloody thing tried to infect my PC but MSE stopped it.

Wow, MSE tried to stop it! Quick report it to Microsoft, it will be the first positive feedback they get for MSE, go go go!

^_^.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List to protect your PC.   List to protect your PC. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List to protect your PC.
Page 1 of 1