Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For all those smart website people :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clawhammer
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
clawhammer

For all those smart website people :) Empty
PostSubject: For all those smart website people :)   For all those smart website people :) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:49 am

Okay so a mate of mine is getting ready to start up his own business and wants a website and came to me about it(don't ask me why lol)

So after speaking to middy while doing other stuff on no-ip.com i discovered they host domains and shit, so I checked there price list and what they offer etc but there was so many things there I wasn't sure exactly what I would need.

The ones I took notice of were

Plus managed DNS --- 1 - 5 Domains - $24.95 per year (each)

Mail Forwarding --- 5 Accounts - $9.95

POP3 Managed Mail --- 1GB - $39.95

Domain Registration --- $15 per year ($32.95 w/no-ip plus)

Not sure if the pricing of it is that great or not but I was just wondering if that is pretty much all I will need etc.
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: For all those smart website people :)   For all those smart website people :) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 am

There is more competitive pricing available than no-ip.com. NO-IP's main advantage is for private server hosting for COD4 and things (like i showed you) rather than websites.

domain registration = website. (domain is '' www.clawhammer.com '' etc)
pop3 mail = your own email address e.g. claw38@clawhammer.com
mail forwarding = people send email to claw38@clawhammer.com and it gets automatically FORWARDED to '' clawhammer@hotmail.com ''.
Back to top Go down
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

PostSubject: Re: For all those smart website people :)   For all those smart website people :) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:32 am

Personally I wouldn't be paying for mail forwarding. It's so easy to set up multiple accounts on an email client these days that mail forwarding is hardly worth the trouble. The only one I forward is my uni address to my main address. Other than that, I've just linked everything to one email client.

I use HostGator for my web hosting, and have a babycroc (or whatever it's called) account. It gives me plenty of everything I need, so it works out quite while. I think the domain registration was around $25 per year, and the hosting is $10 a month. Not bad.

I've got a placeholder site at lerawn.net where I link to my TAFE major project (the Elemental Design link).
Back to top Go down
nc]Gasman
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: For all those smart website people :)   For all those smart website people :) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:34 am

Try this guy

http://www.futurised.com/

clint@futurised.com

friend of mine in Qld, can host and build websites , good rates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mymadhouse.proboards.com
clawhammer
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
clawhammer

PostSubject: Re: For all those smart website people :)   For all those smart website people :) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:42 pm

nc]Gasman wrote:
Try this guy

http://www.futurised.com/

clint@futurised.com

friend of mine in Qld, can host and build websites , good rates.

yeah ? What sorta prices so I can pass them on ?
Back to top Go down
nc]Gasman
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: For all those smart website people :)   For all those smart website people :) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm

just email him or call him phone number is on his website above
Back to top Go down
http://www.mymadhouse.proboards.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For all those smart website people :)   For all those smart website people :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For all those smart website people :)
Page 1 of 1