Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!

Go down 
+2
MidnightBeast
ren11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ren11
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
ren11

Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo! Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!   Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:29 am

So as i have sent all my 5 new parts off to get upgraded onto my current custom box and remaining hard drives i have been informed of a possible snag that could very well cause soem drama upon upgrading all of my parts into my system......

the query goes along the lines of this; Apparently Windows seven has soem sort of software that keeps track of both software and hardware changes and upgrades and has some sort of ticket based system that if the amount of upgrades either over time or all at onces exceeds a certain figure then it will refuse to boot and lock it self down to protect itself from some sort of self percieved piracy threat, so becuase i am upgrading my motherboard, chip, graphics card, power supply, and RAM i am wondering if windows 7 will recognise this and crack the provebial shits at me and stop worknig or something along the lines of this.

Anyone with any help or information on this topic will be highly smiled upon by the gods and ill give you a mental high five from home.

Also to note, i purchased my windows 7 online as the uni priced offer of 50 bucks from windows 7 - 32 bit home premium and still have the product key and all that etc but i do not have a physical cd to re install it from. so i have no idea wtf ill do if this happens.

Pwease help if you can homies!
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!   Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 6:48 am

Sounds like just another myth to me, i've rebuilt my computer countless times and it hasn't caused me any problems.
Back to top Go down
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!   Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:15 am

If it doesn't boot just to a format and thats it. I never heard of that before
Back to top Go down
ren11
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
ren11

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!   Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:23 pm

i went and trolled the microsoft Answers forums and found out what the deal is.

Turns out the windows 7 software has a points system and it allots a certain amount of points per peice of hardware, once that pre set number of points has been reached a lock out occurs. depending on a number of pre set factors from that point on will let play out the way in which u have to go about fixing it. so now that i know this gay shit does exist i have to wait to find out the parameters to fix it.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!   Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Ren, it must be a miles high points system mate.

I know guys that have rebuilt 3 or 4 times - changed maybe 15 various components. Everything from upgrades of their entire system, right through to switching out faulty HDD's that would stuff up 3 times in a row before a decent one was installed.

Each time the same Win7 was reinstalled. And they never had any issue with a "lock out" amount of changes being reached.

I wouldnt worry too strongly about that. The most important thing is: That 1st night you sit down to game on your swanky new rig..... in all the excitement - did u remember to put the bloody beer in the fridge?
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!   Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 1:28 am

Twice I have had to use their toll free number to re-activate win7 64bit after
hardware changes. Changed a motherbaord, then hard drives, both times
it gave me 3 days to re-activate windows

After 3 days if you dont re-activate windows it goes glitchy and certain things
stop working. eg - sound goes down, reinstal drivers, works for 10 mins
then gone again.
Back to top Go down
mpks
FORUM USER
mpks

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!   Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:47 am

Well thats a heap of crap, you pay for the software, its yours, simple.

I can see their point in trying to stop people from loading the same windows onto a dozen different computers but computers are crap, THEY DIE all the time.

Have not come across anyone yet who has had this problem but most people I know dont game or get me to fix their PC for them.

Interesting one to keep in the back of the brain for future reference.

Just when you think its safe to go out and buy it again, BAM.
Most people would only get a new video card but generally when a mother board goes, its new video, ram, cpu etc cause its all changed yet again.

will ask around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!   Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 32 bit upgrade query yo!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Dear Chooky-
Jump to: