Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Networking issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

Networking issue Empty
PostSubject: Networking issue   Networking issue I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi guys,

I have a media player hooked on on lan and this morning i went to watch something and it would not find my pc on the network. After a few hours of fuckin around with the setting and firmware updates i found out that the problem is the pc. I can't view any of my share folders from the media player or another pc, its telling me that i dont have the permission to access the folders blah blah blah. Is there a way to reset everything for the network sharing on win7.
It was working fine up untill last week. i cant recall changing any settings.
The password protect option is disabled btw
Back to top Go down
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

Networking issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Networking issue   Networking issue I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:26 am

It sorta sounds like the same issue I had with my xp pc

take a look at the pc's services and check out the server or network service . google it to get the right one. For some reason mine was set to disabled and i had to reset it to autorun. Maybe it ???

services.msc command in RUN
Back to top Go down
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

Networking issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Networking issue   Networking issue I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:41 am

I had a look at the services and everything looks fine. All the other pc's working fine its only when i try to access to and from this pc that i get the problem. I think the easiest way is to fix it is to format.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

Networking issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Networking issue   Networking issue I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:52 am

Fuck networking! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HellFire
FORUM USER
HellFire

Networking issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Networking issue   Networking issue I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:43 pm

I just thought i should post this for all of you. I had to format my pc a few weeks a go to fix the password problems (see above). Everything was fine up untill last night. This afternoon i went to watch a BD rip on the MP and it was asking for a password. Angry Angry

I nearly threw the fuckin thing out of the window.... but i found a fix after an hour of fuckin around on the net.

http://www.astone.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=106 follow the guide after the restart go to your network sharing center from the taskbar, then select change advance sharing settings on the left and scroll all the way down and disable the sharing password. After the it will work like a dream. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Networking issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Networking issue   Networking issue I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Networking issue
Page 1 of 1