Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Ozzie Advice Needed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
drEmR
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER

Ozzie Advice Needed Empty
PostSubject: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 4:20 am

I have a feeling this whole thread is going to go pear shaped and turn into a pissing match, but what the hell, life is short. Okay so thinking about heading to Oz sometime in the future and not really keen on going to Sydney any more, though it's not completely ruled out. Can you ozlanders help out on where and why is the BEST PLACE IN OZ.

And please no cracks about Uluru and the throng of strippers headed that way... Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:11 am

Well, first of all, id like to advise you Not Brisbane.

Its sunny, its warm, the people are friendly. Traffic isnt too bad, and there is lots to see and do within our lovely city. Also its less than 45 minutes away from:
  • The Gold coast (south) - Theme parks, best beaches in Oz
  • The Sunshine Coast (north) - Australia Zoo, Maleny (weed capital of QLD), Noosa's topless beaches

Oh and so... why NOT Brisbane?

WE DONT WANT ANY MORE BLOODY KIWIS!

LOL Razz

P.S. I really loved Cairns, last holiday I went on. Great Barrier Reef, Fishing, Asian Tourists, Rainforests, Beaches. Whats not to love?

But if I'm not as persuasive a seller as you d like, why not try here

mpks
FORUM USER
mpks

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Adelaide temperature today 11.9, probably warmer than your place though.

Adelaide, the city of churches, mass murderers, serial killers, high ranking Paedophile rings, shit weather in the winter but great and stinking hot in the summer, lights out at 11pm, one way freeways in the morning and the other way in the afternoon.
Freeways so far away from civilization that go NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't think of any negative points though!!!!

Apart from that, EH.

Last edited by mpks on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lylow loves me)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:04 pm

come to sydney ya nub!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drEmR
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:36 pm

Lylow - Sounds like an awesome place, location makes weather very similar to my old haunts in SoCal. One of my faves so far and the first place I've really checked out houses at. Seems over there you can get a brand 200m2 house for about 400 grand 40 minutes from the city.... you'd get almost half that here in kiwiland (120m2) at the same distance from city centre. Love it.

mpks - you either really hate kiwis or you live in hell. I'm leaning towards the latter...

Pied - u inviting me to stay over mate? as much as I'd love lanning with you 24/7 Sydney's a little too fast paced for family life. And speaking of family, my daughter's named Sydney. That'd just be cruel!

I just look at my wife and say NO in a level stern voice any time she mentions Perth. No offense but there's obviously something wrong if no one wants to be its neighbour, right?

I wanna be somewhere in the middle of things, not too far from the ocean in case I decide to get back into surfing without freezing my nads off (just might get them bitten off by a hungry white) and a couple hours away from crazy mates and fun things to do for the weekend. I also wanna be REALLY careful about the neighbourhood with the family and all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Brissy and sunshine coast. Just got voted the 2nd and 3rd most liveable cities in Aus.

They got beaten by Darwin, but thats only because the crocodiles in the river intimidated the judges. Shocked

Ive been to sydney, and its like a concrete jungle for the 30 kms around the city. Brisbane is so different - trees and parks galore. To the point where even Im shocked at how nice it can be. And i live here! lol.

I travel all over brisbane for work, and honestly like any place, there are some areas you wouldnt want to put yourself , let alone ur kids. But there are so many more place that are just wonderful.

And we have huge land development opening up all over the place, to make more room and houses. Thats becuase more of the southerners are moving up here than ever before. We can barely keep up with the new arrivals. Smile

crakhore69
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
crakhore69

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:41 pm

man everyone knows that gods paradise is right here on the north coast.....beautiful rainforest,wicked beaches....an hour an your on the gold coast......steady paced and we grow the best weed in the whole country......what more do you want and you dont have to play spot the aussie like lylow does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Mate I don't know why you dismissed Perth so quickly

here I have prepared a quick vid for you that may change your mind

Back to top Go down
View user profile
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Still a classic every time I see it. lmao

drEmR
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:56 pm

LOL awesome vid. Perth's just too damn far from everything.

So spent a couple of hours looking into bringing our cars over with us. All good with finding the legislation showing we need to own the car for 12 months blah blah, but do we have to pay GST and/or import tax? Then there's the pets... 2 cats and a dog. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:08 am

put the animals in the boot of the car and send the car. problem solved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
drEmR
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 am

cranky wrote:
put the animals in the boot of the car and send the car. problem solved.
Even easier. No quarantine needed, just a vet checkup within 3 days before leaving and a inspection when arriving in Oz. Piece of cake.
Wouldn't wanna see the state of the pets or the car after your little stunt Sick

K so back to places to live... don't make me move to Brisbane people, speak up for Sydney and Melbourne! I want some honest local opinions!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:12 am

TAS? ROFL, ok ok ill just stop now. (Bring on the jokes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:01 pm

sydney has lots of traffic, expensive house prices unless you live out west like me although you still need atleast 400k. more expensive insurance and rego for your car. melbourne is cheaper, gay football and you get to lose state of origin by default but nsw do aswell. i chose melbourne.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:12 pm

id agree with crakhore, the nth coast of nsw is the GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:30 pm

Anywhere from North Coast to the Sunshine Coast
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ozzie Advice Needed   Ozzie Advice Needed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ozzie Advice Needed
Page 1 of 1