Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Latest browser performance report card.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

Latest browser performance report card. Empty
PostSubject: Latest browser performance report card.   Latest browser performance report card. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:06 pm

I recently had a closer look at browser performance and did this report card . As you can see below according to Peacekeeper and the Acid Test Chrome is blistering fast, Firefox is in the middle and IE8 is a joke as usual.

Latest browser performance report card. 200531%20Peacekeeper

Latest browser performance report card. 200531%20Peacekeeper%20chrome

Latest browser performance report card. 200531%20Acid%20Test%20chrome

Latest browser performance report card. 200531%20Peacekeeper%20firefox

Latest browser performance report card. 200531%20Acid%20Test%20firefox

Latest browser performance report card. 200531%20Peacekeeper%20IE8

Latest browser performance report card. 200531%20Acid%20Test%20IE8

I was a long time Chrome user until the latest version of Firefox came out and in spite of the benchmarks Firefox just felt quicker so I changed browser. After using the latest dev version of Chrome for a couple of hours I'm going back to Chrome! It was nice while it lasted Firefox but Google is just doing such a great job of owning the internet and has all the right bits to get my motor going, well i'm sure she will understand.

After using it for awhile I do find that it is faster. It also has a part in settings for importing everything from Firefox so a pretty painless divorce.

I repair PC's for a living now and often install Firefox on clients PC's. On some lower spec hardware Firefox is noticeably faster than IE8. On higher spec PC's the difference is less noticeable. Your average user doesn't care about speed they just want to keep using what they know and don't like to change.
Back to top Go down
mpks
FORUM USER
mpks

PostSubject: Re: Latest browser performance report card.   Latest browser performance report card. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 pm

I have used chrome for ages.
Stumbled across it when I had firefox issues and found it a bit weird to start with.

I was looking for the google search bar but didn't realize it is the address bar.
Back to top Go down
SuperCannons
FORUM USER
SuperCannons

PostSubject: Re: Latest browser performance report card.   Latest browser performance report card. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:14 pm

mmmm i still think firefox is bloated, ie is just shit, chrome is too fancy, and there are no good browsers out there.
Back to top Go down
http://paidgamers.net
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

PostSubject: Re: Latest browser performance report card.   Latest browser performance report card. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 am

i have been trying to use it, can't find everything that i was used to with firefox.
Back to top Go down
SuperCannons
FORUM USER
SuperCannons

PostSubject: Re: Latest browser performance report card.   Latest browser performance report card. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 2:32 am

i don't thing google chrome supports addons the way that firefox does, cause believe it or not, mozilla is still a free-run company (non-profit), so i tend to think; to be recognized their work has to be better than the bigger, profit-earning companies.
Back to top Go down
http://paidgamers.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest browser performance report card.   Latest browser performance report card. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest browser performance report card.
Page 1 of 1