Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the end of cod

Go down 
+2
lylow
cranky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:51 pm

While the court battle between the inventors of Modern Warfare 2 and the outfit which bought it Activision continues, developers are leaving Infinity Ward as fast as they can clean their desks.

Activision fired Infinity Ward studio head Vince Zampella and game director Jason West in March for trying to set up a rival company with EA Games. West and Zampella have now formed their company and now lead designers Steve Fukuda and Zied Rieke have both tendered their resignations.

Fukuda and Rieke were the only two remaining design leads on Modern Warfare 2. Last week, multiplayer lead designer Todd Aldermann revealed his departure from the studio. Aldermann was joined by fellow design lead Mackey McCandlish earlier this week.

Lead environment artist Chris Cherubini and programmer Rayme Vinson have also both departed. Other senior-level employees, including software engineer lead Francesco Gigliotti, senior animator Bruce Ferriz, and programmer Jon Shiring have also gone.

Activision has said that it will reallocate Modern Warfare 2 bonuses previously intended for West and Zampella to "those employees responsible for the success of the game who remain employees of the company." That particular bribe does not seem to be holding many employees as disbursal will only come if Activision prevails in its counterclaim against West and Zampella's initial $36 million suit against the company. That could take years to sort out.

None of the aforementioned developers indicated whether they would be joining West and Zampella at their newly formed studio Respawn Entertainment. It is not clear where this will leave the Modern Warfare game or if Activision can find enough talent to pull a new one together.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: Re: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:28 am

Is this good or bad?

Good, in that we get rid of the rival games. Because more competition means less stuff for us. They take away from the BF series. Both in players and in sales.
More money into CoD means less into our developers accounts. Then we get a 2 yr delay in patches due to lack of funds, rather than a 6 month wait.

Or is it bad - come this time next year when CoD cant get anything running: We get an influx of all the noobs from MW2 land.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
ren11
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
ren11

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: Re: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:06 am

i only see two goods in this, a shitty remake of CS finally eats its own ass and therefore less comp so more for us in the BF teams, and second good again that we will get the noobs to play with from mw2 fallout........ its a different style of game and therefor more kills for all of us........
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: Re: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 am

As long as EA don't give any of the money allocated for BF3 and DICE to the ex COD guys then I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: Re: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 am

Vince Zampella and game director Jason West have started a new studio so there will probably be a new competitor in the fps category.
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: Re: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:39 am

Takes a fair amount of time to start from scratch and put together the game. Unless someone has a USB key with some files on it to use as a starting point Wink
Back to top Go down
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: Re: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:42 pm

I would've said BC2 game play is closer to COD series than the old BF2, 2142 etc. But I guess that's the realism side of things trying to prevail ingame

will be interesting to see what happens with the fall out though. No doubt something will replace cod in this gaming industry
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: Re: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:31 am

You have to remember that BC2 is a console arcade style game ported for PC. It's not written for PC the same as Bf2 and 2142 were, and BF3 will be (hopefully)

Any game that these guys write will hopefully be for consoles as thats where the money is and DICE stick with the PC market.
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: Re: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Could be one more map pack and that’s all folks

With the Infinity Ward employee drama occurring with parent Activision, analysts are starting to get into the mix by suggesting that all of the talent lost by Infinity Ward could spell trouble for Activision as well as the Modern Warfare franchise. Between a number of major talent players from IW joining Respawn Entertainment and the group lawsuit by Infinity Ward employees both current and past, Activision does have a problem, despite what they are saying publicly.

It has been suggested now that Activision will likely let the current employees that are still on the Infinity Ward roster finish the second map pack that is in development, after which the company might just close the studio and assign the remaining employees to other studios who will be taking the development of the Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises. You may recall that Activision just created a new internal studio to handle only Call of Duty.

If Activision is unable to release or get Modern Warfare 3 released the impact on the bottom line for the company is significant. It is estimated that the impact could be as much as 15 percent of Activision’s non-GAAP annual estimated sales. If the suit by co-founders is successful or they are able to at least get a temporary restraining order to prevent the sales of another Modern Warfare game, the impact for the company will be huge. Some are saying the future for Infinity Ward is insecure as best, and right now we have to think that this is a fair assessment of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the end of cod Empty
PostSubject: Re: the end of cod   the end of cod I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the end of cod
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: General Discussion-
Jump to: