Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass

Go down 
+4
chookstrangler
c44u2
mpks
Au_reefer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass Empty
PostSubject: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:50 pm

OK

I'm not sure what had happened to my PC but I have had some major fuckup of late

To cut a long story short (if that's possible)

I currently have 2 hard drives in my PC, about 2 years ago something when wrong with the 1st one and to get a quick fix I just brought another and made the 1st "E" drive and loaded a fresh windows on the new. Been working fine since

Today for some reason my PC wouldn't start, so I unplugged and repluged a few things and away it went

For some reason when I got it got going it was like set back to 2008, I mean everything

I have just discovered why....... The original drive that pack it in 2008 has decieded to move itself back to "c" drive and load its OS... I Dunno??? I swear I didn't change anything

So I know this will be sooo laughed upon but what do I do to get it back to normal... and If Windows is corrupt can I fix it without loosing all the data on the drive. I just don't want to go fuckn any others stuff up and make it more worse if that's possible

i'm so over this PC fuckn with my mind
Back to top Go down
mpks
FORUM USER
mpks

PostSubject: Re: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:16 pm

You could always buy another drive, format that one, load windows then you can always copy across again.
Everytime I format I just buy another drive, that way all my old gear is on another drive and I can copy over as I need.

The only way I can see it would take over again is if the power failed to your other drive and it looked for an operating system.

Bios reset or looked for another drive to boot from????
Dodgy cable??

I dunno?? Thats my wealth of knowledge.

Just disconnect your other drive, boot up, shut down and reconnect then all should be ok.
Back to top Go down
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

PostSubject: Re: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:26 pm

looks like I got the better of it........

Worked out how to change the drives in bios then set the internet protocols to auto again and all seems fine

I just cant work it out though, my PC has become "self aware" and has started to take over my life in trying to understand it.and I don't........ must be a SHE-PC... because I HATE IT SO MUCH BUT I NEED IT!!!!
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

PostSubject: Re: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:38 pm

Did you swap the SATA cables when you unplugged the drives and plugged them back in? That would be my guess. I have three hard drives in my machine and I changed my VID card I had to unplug all the SATA cables and they all got messed up in terms of order, then I had to work out which hard drive in the bios had my XP install on it. At first I was going, Oh shite what did i fuck up when I force the 275 card to fit in with 0.01mm to spare. Then I picked the right hard disk to boot off and all was good again
Back to top Go down
chookstrangler
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
chookstrangler

PostSubject: Re: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:58 pm

I have seen this a few times. The bios just forgets the boot order of the drives for some reason. C4's explanation would also do it.
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

PostSubject: Re: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:39 am

your original drive from 2008 was in a nasty skate boarding
accident and was left in a coma for 2 years. When it came
too it was like....

HEY, WTF, WHO'S THIS OTHER HARD DRIVE HOE!

And the bitch fight continued between your two drives until one dominated.

Hope that was helpful. Einstein
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:13 pm

shado! i know times are like how the news says it is and stuffed n tough, but really a new rig is probably due. i know mrs, kids, costs costs etc etc, but bfbc needs a new rig. i had to con my way into 1. DONT spend any more on the "OL BOX" its time for a new 1. let it break so bad that you can convince the ppl that matter... e.g. the minister of finance and sex that ITS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY! after a while i got my way, i HOPE you can too!
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Accidentally spill a drink on it, blame the kid or missus, whilst panic pulling it out, ur knock over old monitor etc, insurance jobby = win
Back to top Go down
FlyHighNoob
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:17 am

x-ume wrote:
your original drive from 2008 was in a nasty skate boarding
accident and was left in a coma for 2 years. When it came
too it was like....

HEY, WTF, WHO'S THIS OTHER HARD DRIVE HOE!

And the bitch fight continued between your two drives until one dominated.

Hope that was helpful. Einstein

I loled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mediamach.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass   It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's official PC's are a f#@kn pain in the ass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Dear Chooky-
Jump to: