Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classes after the patch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Classes after the patch Empty
PostSubject: Classes after the patch   Classes after the patch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:59 pm

So... I played for about 2 hours tonight. I mucked about between the classes to see how they panned out. Which ones were still useful, which ones you may as well not even pick up.

For starters I had some very mediocre rounds with my once-trusted and mighty MG36 LMG. 2 rounds where I struggled to break even in the KD department. Then switched to medic, and surprise surprise, I am once again God of the 'field.

Before the patch, (IMO and only IMO) the classes were fairly even. Medics were great killing machines. But I felt support players were that bit stronger again. The engy's were great but only for closer in fighting. And snipers had their place but werent ever going to be as good in a shoot out as say a medic for example.

(So, in a break down of effectiveness):
Support - 30 %
Medic - 28 %
Engy - 25 %
Sniper - 17 %

But now after the patch things have dramatically changed. 1 class outshines all the others and the rest play catch up:

Medic 35 %
Engy 30 %
Sniper 20 %
Support 20 %

I was left feeling as if the Medics were the unbeatable titans of the earth. If you were a medic, you lived. If you were another class coming up against them... you died. Engy's felt as if they were that little bit stronger, but probably only because they were now being put in comparison with the much, much weaker support class.

Snipers similarly were that little bit stronger when compared to the the LMG users struggling along in support hell. And thats the fact of the matter. The support class was maybe 5% OP before the patch. (But medics were pretty strong too). Even an engy gun could match them if you were a half skilled player. NOW however, for their crime of being slightly better rated than the competition, the support class has been relegated to the bottom of the ladder. Nerfed to the point that I often found the various LMG's unusable/unplayable when up against any other class of soldier.

And naturally when you take so much effectiveness out of one class, it has to go somewhere else. You'd like to think that it might be split evenly between the remaining other classes. But thats not what I found. The medic whores were the great winners from this patch, and not much love was shown for anyone else. The assault rifles are now the supreme killing machines of BF3. The weapon of choice for noobs and vets alike. And as more and more players realise this, it will skew the game even further towards a 1 horse race. People will simply log in, select "medic" and play 'til they quit. Done and done.

Sure maybe Ive over simplified - there will always be the odd engy and sniper die hard, but support players will pop up less and less, unless they come in with an "all-kits" weapon and hope that it can overcome the new OP king of BF3 - the medic with his assault rifle.

Check out my score card. (I got disconnected - naturally - so you'll have to scroll down for my stats).

Classes after the patch Stats10

Overall, I had a KD of 31:11. But the break down of that was more telling. I went 7:5 as support with my LMG. And maybe you'll say "thats not too bad!" But before the patch, I'd normally get 3 times that KD when things were going right. And to prove my point, I then switched to the medic class, (after being hammered by nothing else but in my 5 deaths) and equipped myself with an M16A3. Straight away I went 24:6. Didnt change tactics or feel I was getting luckier or anything like that. Just ran at them, point and clicked - same as before. As support I got taken to the cleaners. As medic, I almost got the ace pin - certainly the most kills on my side at least.

Pretty revealing in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Classes after the patch   Classes after the patch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Oh and a new add on to watch out for. The M26 Dart. Its been totally buffed for the patch.

Its an add on to the M26 Mass. Basically the way it works: the Mass is an unlockable add on, a side-of-barrel mounted shotgun, attachable to whichever assault rifle you are using at the time.

But unlike the under-slung launchers (smoke/grenade/shotgun) that are unlocked by playing as the medic class overall, this shotgun - the M26 - acts like a stand alone weapon with its own unlock tree. In other words you unlock its add ons by getting kills with the weapon itself.

An add on for an add on.

What will they think of next?

Sounds like something from a bad episode of Get Smart. In fact I can just hear Max and Siegfried fighting it out now:
"Be careful, I have a bullet proof vest!"
"Well I have an anti-bullet proof vest!!"
"Oh well I have the anti-anti-bullet proof vest!!!"
"Not so fast! Im wearing an anti-anti-anti-bullet proof vest!!!!..."

Who am I kidding though? There were no bad episodes of Get Smart. Wink

Anyway, the 2nd unlock for the Mass is the M26 Dart. And FUCK ME. The most over powered weapon in the game. Remember shotgun snipers in BC2? The sabot ammo (another fucking add on) turned your average shotgun into something more powerful than a 50 cal.

The M26 Dart behaves exactly the same way, but for BF3. Extremely powerful, massive range, almost always 1 shot kills, even on softcore. And the best bit is: being an add on to your assault rifle, if you ever feel stuck, just switch back to your M16A4 and carve the enemy a new one with that.
Imagine a shotgun sniper in BC2 who could switch out to an Akaban when he felt like it. Wouldn't we have all loved that?! affraid

Their only down side: Use the attachment, and you dont get to use a med kit. Boo frickin' hoo. Dont know why youd even need one with this thing attached!

Wait till the noobs discover it though hey?! Rolling Eyes How awesome. And you only need 20 kills with the normal Mass ammo to unlock it...

Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

PostSubject: Re: Classes after the patch   Classes after the patch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:58 pm

The M26 Dart

Fuck me it was like shotgun sniper all over again

4 more kills and I go shove it up that R4Z0R_W1R3's arse and hold the trigger

I actual didn't find that much difference from support to assault from before, not enough to write a novel anyhow Hugs

aaarrr aaarrr aaarrr rabbit
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: Classes after the patch   Classes after the patch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 am

Quote :
not enough to write a novel anyhow
lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classes after the patch   Classes after the patch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classes after the patch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Battlefield 3-
Jump to: