HomeHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

new nvidia cards

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

new nvidia cards Empty
PostSubject: new nvidia cards   new nvidia cards I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:15 am

25th of march and expect performance reviews around the same time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nissmo
FORUM USER

new nvidia cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: new nvidia cards   new nvidia cards I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:19 am

Yeah bummer they were supposed to be out last year deadly was hoping to have the new 3 series(think it is what they are) he ended up with the 250gt really great still tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

new nvidia cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: new nvidia cards   new nvidia cards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Nvidia's GTX 480 ends up faster than HD 5870 in some cases and according to Nvidia it is the fastest GPU on the market, or to be precise, it will be faster than the HD 5870 once it finally shows up.

We must note that we can confirm that it does happen in some cases, as Nvidia is still keeping the performance numbers for itself as it wants to keep AMD at its toes. Nvidia reps are pretty sure that AMD is still tapping in dark when it comes to Fermi. The GTX 480 is faster in Unigine Heaven benchmark in some situations where actual GPU power does matter.

All this is pretty good news for Nvidia, but it still has to launch the card, while AMD has been selling its HD 5000 series cards for months now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

new nvidia cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: new nvidia cards   new nvidia cards I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 pm

I am waiting until the end of the month to build a 2nd gaming computer so my son and I can play together again and have been waiting for some benchmarks to be released.

I haven't seen any yet and going by what cranky is saying, it doesn't seem they have a potent, blow the ati cards away gpu.

I guess we will just have to wait until march 26th and see.

Any links to 3rd party benchies Cranky?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

new nvidia cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: new nvidia cards   new nvidia cards I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:20 am

its a bit hard to find much, the gtx 470 is not as fast as the 480 but nvidia hasn't made a final decision of the clock speeds so and benchies are irrelevant until the final version.
as usual though ati are faster is some games and slower than nvidia in others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

new nvidia cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: new nvidia cards   new nvidia cards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new nvidia cards
Page 1 of 1