Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars the Old Republic

Go down 
+3
F3st0
Spleen
Bubba
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bubba
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Bubba

Star Wars the Old Republic Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:47 am

Hey guys,

so basically i have been spending my time, playing SWTOR, an MMO produced by Bioware, Lucas Arts and EA.

This being my first ever MMO, i was keen to see if i was even interested in this kind of thing.

turns out i am!

Basically the game is essentially like WOW which may turn many of you away, but who doesn't love star wars, i know im a huge fan.

The idea of the game is to pick your side Republic or SITH and select from 4 characters of there respective sides.

Republic
Sith

Who hasnt wanted to play as a character from star wars and wield your own lightsaber, and use your force to defeat your foes, or play as a bounty hunter and collect your payments after many assassinations.

Let me get down to the nuts and bolts of it, this game is HUGE, i have played close to 30 hours over the past week and im in the middle of act 1, i only finished the prologue a couple of days ago, so it definitely has play ability.

gameplay will keep you entertained for many many hours more to come as you blast, slice and dice through your enemys, oh did i also mention you can get your own spaceship and do space battles also, flying your ship, blasting your enemies and barrel rolling to victory.

There are a few downsides to this game though also like WOW it is a subscription based game, which will cost you $15 a month to keep playing, but within that patches are thick and fast, since release a month or so ago there have been almost 30 patches, 10x the amount of BF3 so the support is there.

a new patch is also rolling out soon with multiple new missions and multiple new weapons all free of charge.

so im not expecting any of you to rush out and buy the game like i said its not everyone's thing but it is by far one of the best online games i have ever played.

so sit back and enjoy some videos

Back to top Go down
Spleen
FORUM USER
Spleen

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:41 am

Omg that sith dude got totally owned by that chick!
Back to top Go down
F3st0
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
F3st0

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:22 am

me and bubba are hooked on this
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 11:48 am

I loved the "intro cinematic". Even got Sandee to come and re-watch it with me. Those graphics are AMAZING.

One question though: Didnt that whole set piece look a little bit like the original escape of Luke and Han from the Death Star, in "Episode 4: A New Hope"???
Specifically after Han and Luke rescue Princess Leia. Obiwan cuts power to the tractor beam, letting them all get the hell out of dodge. Kenobi then confronts Darth Vader and sacrifices himself to allow the others to escape.

And by comparison, here we have:
- The roguish smuggler with a heart of gold. (Hi Harrison! How are ya?)
- The fight scene is played out in the launch bay of a large space station (ala the Death Star)
- The Jedi Master sacrifices himself so that his Padawan can live. (Obiwan much?)
- Even the scene where they "man the guns!" of the smugglers ship. One climbs up to the gun, and the other slides down... just like Luke and Han in the Millennium Falcon. "I got one I got one! .... "Dont get cocky kid!"

But hey, thats not the point. The clip was amazing Bubba mate. Im seriously thinking about having a $$$$ splurge, purely off the back of that vid. Maybe.... LOL. Oh, if I had more time!!!!! CURSE YOU 24 hours in a day!!!
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
F3st0
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
F3st0

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:40 pm

honestly i was unsure wether to buy it. but after just saying FUCK IT and buying it, i played for 2 days and im hooked.

the lore is amazing. it looks fantastic. and the depth of the game itself is unreal. im lvl 19 and ive only just moved to the second area. and inbetween that ive aquired a space shuttle of my own, become an apprentice to a sith lord, and killed multiple people to better my allegiance to the sith. i mean, you can even play it if you dont like the lore, if you enjoy running around with lightsabers or a blaster go nuts.

and lylow, to comment on how you pointed out the similarities...

what better wait to bait people into the game by showing scenes familiar to the old school fans, hook line and sinker each time. they even have little easter eggs in the game, han and guiddo in the bar, jabba the hut, chewbacca working on a ship. its brilliant.
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Looks awesome, don't have $15 spare a month though.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:22 am

The $ per month won't bother me. Just tell me: I go out and buy the game on disk - initial updates/downloads: how big are the bastards?!

And all these missions you're doing in level one to move on to the next area - is that in an offline story mode? Or does it have to be played online?
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:57 am

The game is 25gig of downloads before you get started. For how the game plays

you will have to wait till festicals or bubba gets back to you.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 5:40 am

What? 25 Gb of downloads. Shut your filthy fuckin mouth. You're shitting me arent you?

He's shitting me isnt he??

Im going out to buy it tomorrow. He'd better be shitting me. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:19 am

Nope he's not shitting you.

I bought it on Origin and had to download 25 gig before I could play it. I guess the dick version is mostly there but it WILL update before you can play it.

It's pretty fucking good though!
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 8:13 am

I cant bloody well do some massive update! What a CUNT OF A THING!

Might have to send up that empty USB stick Jackyboy like we spoke about. See how I go.... or maybe I can scam a bit of bandwidth from work some how.

Otherwise, you're my man SeƱor Porkchop Wink
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:05 am

Speak to festo he thinks if you buy the disk version you get most of the game and it'll do an update of a gig or so.

Have to try it though. I think reefer was going to buy the disk version tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 am

Yep, just having a chat on TS with the lads now. Giving me all the goss.

1 Gig I can live with. Lol. Just hope that playing the game doesnt take up 500 Mb/night. Hahaha!
Back to top Go down
F3st0
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
F3st0

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:13 pm

yeah the patch is like 1 gig or so, only takes about 15 mins on a downloading at 500kbs
Back to top Go down
F3st0
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
F3st0

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 pm

i brought the delux code online, then they email you your cd key, then you just register the key and use the disc.
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Just bought the collector's edition key for $36.
Downloading now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars the Old Republic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Other Games :: Star Wars - The Old Republic-
Jump to: