Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:20 am

Hey guys, so this ute has pretty much wiped me out financially, especially stamp duty today that valued the car at $16,000 but I was wondering if anyone here is selling a double-din car stereo with AUX? single-din won't fit in my ute. Cheers
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:23 am

I prefer mini-din. *Wiggles pinkie finger suggestively*

Sorry middy, no idea personally. But Ive got a mate right into car audio though. Does installs for all his mates and what not - he's a electronics tech like me.

I'll ask him tomorrow, maybe he'll at least know of a good website where they sell shit cheap! (He's mad for online buying and e-bay etc etc, so if he doesnt know about it, its not worth knowing)

Maybe someone else will have a better answer, but if know more tomorrow night, I'll post it up Wink
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
MagusXecute
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MagusXecute

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:37 am

dude i have a very simple less than 5 bux cost solution if you already have a soldering kit..
first let me ask you.. do you currently have the original vy head unit in there ? and do you have a soldering kit or if you can borrow one? if yes go to this page below and follow the instructions very easy to do ... i did it to my vz commy's head unit and it works a charm and i only had about 10mins of soldering experience in my life.....
if you dont have a head unit let me know i have a spare single cd vz head unit laying around somewhere....you can have it for free and i can also do the mod for you so either way let me know Smile
http://www.thelug.com/radio/gtoradio.html
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:17 pm

Hey guys, thanks for your help.

I did electronics for a year and although I thoroughly enjoyed it I managed to fail the year which was quite amusing.. so I don't quite trust myself with a soldering iron :L I may be able to find a friend who has one, but not one around here.

How much would you like me to pay you for you to mod your spare head unit? Smile
Back to top Go down
MagusXecute
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MagusXecute

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:32 pm

well for my very hard work......time and materials, power usage, carbon tax and waste disposal a fee of $0.00 will be charged just pay the postage man Smile ...............i'll try and locate the head unit in my house this weekend and try and get the mod done as well
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:42 pm

single din will fit mate just buy the VY VZ single din stereo cover

http://www.soundmaster.com.au/Holden-VY-VZ-Monaro-Single-Din-Facia-with-Pocket-Black/FP9045.asp

you can buy all kinds with either pockets or flip lids?

ive installed 100s of them now also whatever deck you buy or have you can get simple wiring connectors from (your brand) deck to vt-vz commo minimizes soldering everything is plugnplay
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Hey guys,
Well the advantage of retaining the original head unit by MagusXecute is I don't have the problem of trying to re-configure the steering wheel controls for a new head unit (I'm a total newb).

Maybe when I have a lot of spare money I'll think about doing a massive audio upgrade but for now Magus' idea seems perfect. So, thanks for the offer MagusXecute, I'll give you a carton of beer on top of the postage next time you're in Canberra Grin
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:29 pm

Ah well there ya go mate! Aren't ya glad jack went against all his better instincts, and let Magnus join JKS!!!!! lol

Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
MagusXecute
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MagusXecute

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:37 am

jack doesn't have any instincts.......hmmm magnus sounds better maybe i'll change my name lol
Back to top Go down
MagusXecute
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MagusXecute

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:31 am

ok middy mate i have some good news and i have some good news...first found the head unit second i have successfully modded my second head unit...ok a couple of things i'll do a list
1. with this mod you will need an empty cd playing for this to worki 'll provide the cd for ya cause i am nice...so just as normal switch to cd plug your mp3 player in and away you go.
2.Do you know how to take out the head unit.....if not follow this you need a special tool to get it out Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? T_urt460 some thing like this you can make it out of a coat hanger just shape it out so it'll align with the hole on the head unit
3. i'll upload a small video clip on how to install it after all of this on youtube to help you out man Smile

Last edited by MagusXecute on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:46 pm

I think I'm in love.

Thanks so much Magnus, I hadn't actually considered the how-to parts yet, I generally make things up as I go along Grin Thanks a lot man Smile
Back to top Go down
MagusXecute
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MagusXecute

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 4:18 pm

no problems man i tested the head unit in my car and it works fine with the mod so it's all good to go......so yeah ill record myself doing the install on my car and upload it for you to follow sometime this weekend. Hugs
Back to top Go down
MagusXecute
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MagusXecute

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:15 am

middy i need ur address to post pm me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?   Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone selling a double din head unit with AUX?
Page 1 of 1