Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once were warriors clip

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

Once were warriors clip Empty
PostSubject: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm

If you havent seen the NZ movie "Once were warriors" check out the scene below

If you have just watch this one

Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:19 am

Great movie! that scene is brutal though. I have a English Bull Terrier and I named him Jake "The Muss" after seeing this film.

Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:26 am

Oh nice haha The movie was made from the book based around life in the Ford block in Rotorua, I dropped a chick off there once its like a war zone really unreal experience.

The movie makers took the main actor who plays Jake to the UK also and sat at pubs known for violence to really get in the mindset for the movie.

This movie is actually to close to home for many Kiwis .. No wonder they move to Aussie bahaha
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:41 am

I was a bouncer and security manager for 5 years in a club just outside Manchester. I know what the pubs in the UK are like especially the ones in South Wales.

There is only really few things a Welsh bloke can do and thats play rugby, drink and fight. By the sounds of it same in parts of NZ.

Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:50 am

Fuck that Bullbar lol some real tough bastards over there and yeah I think there is alot of similarities to life there and here in NZ .. Australia has its fair share of it .. When I was there I don't think we had one night on the town without incident LOL

Funny thing is tho we all come from the UK (some of us came in chains tho) bahaha
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:14 am

Good movie mate, I watched it then read both books. (Bit of a book worm when Im not shooting you in the face) study

What was it? The place Jake and his family come from is called "Two Lakes" in the book... and that translates to "Rotarua" in Maori? Something like that.

Hell of a story and a good read too.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 3:53 am

A lot of people all they know is violence, they grew up with their Dad hitting there Mum, hitting them. When they grow up they don't know any better, they hit there Mrs and their children because that's what they do. The same type of people that when phased with a misunderstanding they immediately start initiating a fight. Instead of talking or walking, it's like if they don't fight it's an insult to their pride or something.
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:14 am

I grew up round guys like Jake my old man was like him also lol violent people have some kind of imbalance and it doesn't matter if your male female or even an animal haha If you get in the way you get smashed bro!
Back to top Go down
blackninja06
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
blackninja06

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:17 am

moo is that a subtle way of saying that ur an abused child lol
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 11:21 am

Oh and @ Lylow yeah the author grew up in Rotorua .. Its an area heavily populated with Maori and Maori gangs, the area he partly wrote the book around is Black Power territory and you have to go there to believe how they live.

Outside of town is Mongrel Mob territory another Maori gang .. tbh is sad people live like this but Maori are a warrior people they fought the English to settle for a peace treaty .. And it would be fair to say assimilating to European ways has had its fair share of problems

@Ninja - If you haven't been abused .. you haven't lived bahaha
Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:09 am

mooshoo wrote:
If you haven't been abused .. you haven't lived bahaha

That's what she said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once were warriors clip   Once were warriors clip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once were warriors clip
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: General Discussion-
Jump to: