Please read below before casting your votes - as it contains a detailed explanation of the above options.
Ive been looking at the forum this arvo and I want your opinions. Its to do with keeping the forums tidy and easily accessible. And please note, that Im posting this in the public section, as it will affect all of our users, in both the members area and the public access section.
I already try and keep on top of old threads that are taking up space - for example: Old sticky's or announcements that were relevant months ago but no longer. I edit them so that they become regular threads (no longer sticky's etc) in whatever forum they were posted in. Rather than having to scroll and read over them each time we access an area of the forum.
This Poll relates to that, but on a much larger scale:
Currently we have a largely disused forum section called "Other Games". It was created for our members and public users that play the COD series, and a variety of other PC games. However the section simply doesnt get used anymore, as our COD gamers have either returned to BF, or no longer post on the forum here.
Also - the BF2142 section. Once our clans principle game, now unfortunately a relic of years past. No one plays the game, hence no one uses that part of the forum.
With BF3 coming out, I dont want the forums to become too cluttered or difficult to navigate. I propose keeping - and expanding - the "Other Games" public forum, but pruning the "COD" sub-sections. Nothing would be truly deleted. Just redirected. Putting all the COD related forums, into "Other games" for starters. And also, realistically (due to disuse), merging the 2142 sections into one large banner under "Other Games".
So - your options:
- Can I delete the COD section from our Members area??? (It only ever had 7 topics and hasnt been used for ages)
- Can I delete the COD "sub section" form "Other Games" in the public area??? (I will redirect any old threads in there back out into "Other Games")
- Can I delete BOTH the 2142 Sections - Members and Public (Note, nothing is truly being deleted: I will just be redirecting any old threads into the "Other Games" section) ***
- Delete ONLY the 2142 Public Section
- Delete nothing, Move nothing. Leave everything just as it is - because you dont mind the forum how things are now.
(Old private threads from the Members Area would NOT
be visible to the public)
I know this is a difficult question, with multiple parts. Cast your votes, but also post your opinions so everyone knows exactly what youre thinking. I wont make any changes without hearing back from all of you - its your clan, so have your say.
Thanks everyone - members and public users alike.
Lylow - JKS Clan Admin
P.S. Note: The vote is Multiple choice and you can change your mind and resubmit your votes. The poll will close though in 10 days as I dont want this issue to drag out.