Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Rage Empty
PostSubject: Rage   Rage I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:53 am

Looks kinda like a "fallout 3" type of universe. Not nuclear bombs and Fallout Vaults. But planet destroying asteroids and underground bunkers instead.

Rather than emerging from your Vault 100 years after the US/China nuclear war, to find a wasteland and mutants - instead you emerge from stasis in your bunker, 130 years after the asteroid destroyed the world. The last survivor of your particular pod you enter a post-apocalyptic world full of freaks bandits and strangers.

Kill 'em all and figure out what the heck youre supposed to be doing as you go along. Use your explosive crossbow, tri-bladed boomerang of death, and a heap of other guns, gadgets and bombs. Car races, customised weapons and armour and an online experience thrown in as well. From Bethesda Softworks (the mob behind Fallout 3) and Id Studios (the people who invented the FPS genre with Wolfenstien and Doom) comes the latest and greatest in FPS gaming: "Rage".

Released October 6 in Australia.

Pre-ordered my copy from EB Games yesterday! (Only $88 and you get a replica boomerang from the game thrown in for free! lol) Maybe something to do in the 2 or 3 weeks in between the end of the BF3 beta, and the actual release of BF3.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage   Rage I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:14 am

I'll probably wait till it's cheap and then pick it up. Don't have the time or $$ to waste at the moment, but it does look like it'd be worthwhile. Cheers lylow!
Back to top Go down
R31gn
FORUM USER
R31gn

Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage   Rage I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:57 am

Looks pretty cool, might pick it up after the BF3 beta.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage   Rage I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:22 pm

So Rage came out on Tuesday for everyone in the good old US of A. And it was released yesterday for everyone in Australia. I was able to buy my copy yesterday too, naturally enough. But the interesting thing was, that while anyone who had bought it on XBOX or PS3 could come home, slap the disk in their consoles and play it, anyone who had purchased the game on PC had to wait 24 hours for steam to unlock it. MOTHERFUCKING CUNTS! I WISH THE CEO OF STEAM WOULD GO TO IRAQ AND WALK UP TO ANY ANGRY LOOKING MUSLIM AND PULL HIS TURBAN OFF HIS HEAD. It'd be one less CEO to worry about. Maybe Steve from apple could pass on some of his pancreatic cancer? Too soon? Fuck steam!

Anyway, now that I can install it - how is the game though? Well I had to update all my drivers and stuff... naturally they COMPLETELY clashed with the drivers I installed for the BF3 beta. Rolling Eyes

But since Ive done that it plays well at least. As far as gameplay goes, Id say it is kinda like fallout 3, only it seems a bit more linear.
As in, not so much "wandering around the wasteland", but moving from specific goal to specific goal. Missions and tasks are all that motivate your movements throughout the map.

Its more structured too in its environments. If u go into a building for example, there is definitely only 1 way in and 1 way out. No matter how many corridors or passages there may be inside you end up walking through a fixed area in the end. And where fallout 3 had you searching for junk, bullets, money, nuka cola bottle caps and anything else in just about every hidey hole you could imagine, in Rage there is still a lot to look for, just nowhere near as many places to look for it.
Eg: garbage bins - you cant walk up to one and interact with it. Toilets, sinks, boxes on the ground, lockers and cabinets on the wall. They are all there, as they were in Fallout - only now they arent something you can rummage through. Kinda makes it a bit less enjoyable for me to he honest. Less "real". A box on a shelf is no longer a potential spot to find 3 dollars. Its just an object that cant be touched or interacted with - may as well have been painted in, in 2d and without any colour for all the good it does you.

Another thing thats annoying me: You shoot someone and their gun just DISSOLVES into the ground. At this early stage of the game everyone has a better gun that me and killing off an enemy with a better weapon was always a great way to pick up some better hardware. Not in RAGE. You have to buy/be given new guns as part of that linear mission sequence I was mentioning before. You can still search the bodies though, but so far all I get is $5 here, $3 there. A handful of bullets sometimes as well but not too many. Its a shame, because once again, every 2nd bad guy that I kill has these wicked looking knives and blades animated as if they are carrying them on their backs. If I can "truly" search the bodies I should be able to take them. But no. Cant take clothes, cant take hats or goggles or trinkets off the bodies either. Its definitely NOT Fallout 3.

All in all though its not bad, just different. Still lots of action and good graphics even if you cant interact with them as much. I'll keep on playing for sure. Hopefully it'll get a bit better as I unlock more stuff.

So far I'll give it a about a 6 1/2 - 7 out of 10.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Sponsored content

Rage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage   Rage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Other Games-
Jump to: