Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comp problem

Go down 
+3
mooshoo
x-ume
Bubba
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bubba
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Bubba

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:31 pm

So I got home from work tonight turned my pc on. Won't boot up tower is on fans are going but no boot nothing happens. I'm lost for ideas anyone got a clue
Back to top Go down
Bubba
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Bubba

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Ok then it turned itself off and now it won't even turn on like nothing when I press the power button
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Not good Bubba, have you done anything to your computer lately?

Changed ram etc?

Go through your computer and make sure nothing has come loose first
before binning it.
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:57 am

Hard to say what it might be but it sounds hardware related so far.

My first thought is Power Supply so if you have a spare or know someone who has a similar sized PSU try swapping yours out and seeing if it will boot up.

Only bother with the next two if you dont have access to a power supply. But I would say its most likely the power supply given what you posted.

If that's not an option remove anything connected to the pc ie: external drives anything usb even kb and mouse and see if it will boot.

If not remove power cable (touch the power supply with one hand if you have no bracelet to keep you at the same static potential as your pc) remove and re-seat ram Video card and any other pci cards connected to your motherboard.

Back to top Go down
crakhore69
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
crakhore69

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:07 am

also give it a clean out.....vacuum or compressed air works wonders.Mates pc was doing exact same thing.He thought it was graphics card when it was just full of dust.quick blowout with compressor and its working fine again.
Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:38 am

Had a similar problem a few months ago, turned out overtime my 120mm top mounted fan can slowly unclip the power supply cable to the motherboard enough that although is seems connected it actually isn't. Check all you're power supply cable's and make sure they are all in and seated perfect Wink.
Back to top Go down
Bubba
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Bubba

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:26 am

Power supply wasn't working. Tested it and it was a no go. I'm hoping it hasn't causesld any other problems to my comp. Now tO start saving some $$ so I can get a replacement
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:56 am

Dump the misses and tell her if she wants you back it'll be $400 , thank you very much!!!

You'll either be cashed up or have glorious glorious freedom by this time tomorrow. Wink

What do you mean stop being stupid? It could work!!!!!!!

(Good luck mate, hope you can find some dough and get it going quickly)
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:25 am

Better yet, advise Mooshoo you have a sheep at ransom. It'll only live if he coughs up the dough. You'd be surprised how quick a nz man can move when sheep are involved.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/livewildcard1?feature=mhee
Bubba
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Bubba

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:48 am

thanks for all the advice guys, and special thanks to zoom for chatting to me last night, turns out my faulty PSU was under warranty from the place i bought it took it back and got a better PSU for free Smile so im back up and running
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:07 am

A new PSU should see everything run as normal shouldn't be any issues Razz
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Oh man, youre back????!!!!?????? Now we gotta get back to work! Cry

I... I mean... YAY!!!! Bubba's back!!!! Hugs Party! Thats Tops!

*grumble grumble grumble* Lousy mother *grumble grumble grumble* Couldnt stay away for one more lousy day could ya? *grumble grumble*
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:31 pm

Bubba wrote:
thanks for all the advice guys, and special thanks to zoom for chatting to me last night, turns out my faulty PSU was under warranty from the place i bought it took it back and got a better PSU for free Smile so im back up and running

great to hear bubba, and for others who want to test if they have a dead power supply just stick a paperclip into the green wire then
into a black wire on the 24 pin connector. Turn it on, and if the fan doesn't run then PSU is dead.

Hear is a vid to help

Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:41 pm

Knowing me id electrocute myself lol
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 pm

I like the kids safety warning: "If you touch that you're gonna be FUCKED!"

I was just waiting for him to say "And whatever you do, dont touch th....ZZZZAAAPPPP!!!!!!!"

Like this dude: (Sit through the 25 seconds of crap before the fun really kicks in!)

Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:32 pm

lol...oldie but a goodie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comp problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comp problem   Comp problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comp problem
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Dear Chooky-
Jump to: