Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A moment for guidance in an ever complicated world

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

A moment for guidance in an ever complicated world Empty
PostSubject: A moment for guidance in an ever complicated world   A moment for guidance in an ever complicated world I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 2:10 pm

Sometimes life gets too complicated, sometimes you feel that the world is such a harsh place that it doesn't matter how you act, you can't be acting worse than others around you. Maybe this is true, however this is no way to act if you want to maintain your own happiness, along with the wellbeing of future generations. Upholding optimism, enthusiasm, hope, admiration, paying that little bit more attention to those around you than you normally would can have an enormous effect, starting a chain reaction that will change many people's outlooks and cynical moods.

I recommend watching this very short clip, less than 2 minutes long, on the Art of Possibility and think how your attitude can change those around you.

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

If you managed to read all the way to the end of this post and enjoyed the video above, I highly recommend watching the longer version. Here is a 20 minute speech of his that will completely change your perspective. It certainly changed mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9LCwI5iErE

If you would like to discuss anything here, please feel free to comment, however if you are here to be cynical, pessimistic or negative even if you are only joking I would please ask you to take your presence elsewhere.
Back to top Go down

A moment for guidance in an ever complicated world
Page 1 of 1