Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bc2 disk issues, help needed

Go down 
+3
Au_reefer
lylow
equip3d
7 posters
AuthorMessage
equip3d
FORUM USER

bc2 disk issues,  help needed Empty
PostSubject: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:02 pm

game disk for bc2 worked fine last night but tonight when i go to load up is comes up with whats written below, any ideas. i did try clean cd but nothing changed. now im majorly pissed.

unable to authenticate original disk within time limit

try again ?
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:18 pm

God whats that!?

Someone might know - or even go to the help and support mob for the game. They have an answer for everything. They even do a live chat thing where u can type to them and get instant responses.

I did that once - when on instant messaging with them - when my stats just REFUSED to update for like a week. They couldnt fix it but advised that there were others having the same issue and it was being investigated.
About 4 days later it all came good.

Something to try if no one can help you here mate? Smile

Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 4:06 pm

online help is the go mate

Back to top Go down
Metmap
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Metmap

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:48 pm

One thing that should fix that is if you reinstall the game and instead of choosing disc authentification, choose online authentification (it gives you the option and the end of the installation process i think). I know reinstalling and patching it all up is a bit of pain, but here is a link that explains the difference between the activation methods if you're interested (link)

Other things to check might be are you running the game as administrator, and do you have any virtual drives running from programs like daemon tools and alcohol.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 5:16 pm

metmap wrote:
Other things to check might be are you running the game as administrator, and do you have any virtual drives running from programs like daemon tools and alcohol.

Mettie makes a good point. Shit starts to go downhill fast, whenever alcohol is involved Wink

drunken Drinking Together Drinking
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:59 pm

alcohol is very bad, thats why i must drink. +2 to mettie's post.
Back to top Go down
equip3d
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:15 pm

turn pc on the following night and disk loaded fine, then half hour into playing damn pc crashed said something about unrectifiable hardware crash or something and turned off. wtf. just had the thing in for a clean at the shop now its being a stupid paper weight
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:33 am

take it back to the shop you had it repaired at tell them the problems

metty is right reinstall the game and select online verification it saves always having the disc to play the game or you can go to GAME COPY WORLD and DL a
NO CD FIX
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 9:25 am

^ above method gets you Punkbuster banned. Yep, take my word for it.
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:02 am

MidnightBeast wrote:
^ above method gets you Punkbuster banned. Yep, take my word for it.

Really the NO CD FIX gets you PB banned ???? affraid

I use that on my missus lappy and have had no PB issues but if there is a prob with it then yer dont use it and ill remove the patch before it becomes a problem for me

Cheers for the heads up midy Thats Tops!
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 2:55 pm

My friend got pwned for it.

Basically, Punkbuster scans the .exe file to make sure it matches the original file, as hacks are easy to inject into .exe files. This is in fact one of the easiest and most effective ways Punkbuster stops hacks, along with checking running processes that are interfering with the original .exe

If you use it just for singleplayer and things then you'll have no problems but if you're using it online you're on borrowed time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bc2 disk issues, help needed   bc2 disk issues,  help needed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bc2 disk issues, help needed
Page 1 of 1