Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

.MOV editor???

Go down 
+2
Peachy
Fullnutta
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 pm

hey not sure if this is the correct place to ask but does anyone know how to edit a .MOV video file??

or is there anyone that can do it for me?? i just want the begining and end of my burnout video
removed its only a 30sec vid
Back to top Go down
Peachy
FORUM USER
Peachy

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Try using Sony Vegas... It's an editing program but it would work, no doubts.

How big is the file? If it's not too huge, upload it and I'll have a look at sorting it out, what file type do you want it to become? Or edit?
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:08 pm

the file is only 3 meg ive somehow managed to convert it AVI but i just want to delete some of the vid ill speak to you over the weekend on TS if your on cheers for the reply
Back to top Go down
Peachy
FORUM USER
Peachy

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:31 am

Sure mate, I'll hopefully be around. Smile
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:14 am

I've been working almost non-stop on sony vegas over the last week, I will happily do it in about 5 mins and upload it to youtube..

or a note for peachy if you want to do it and I hope I'm not pointing out the obvious, output the sony vegas file in Codec SONY AVC then choose the Internet <resolution> option. This way you don't lose any quality but the file size is tiny. For example, my 15GB 2:22-second clip was only 112mb in this format and you can't notice a loss in quality.
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:44 am

cheers boys im goin to uplaod it soon just trying to find a web site to to it www.youshareit.com ???
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:47 am

aaaahhhh found one megaupload

i just need the vid edited so all i end up with is a 10 sec vid from 20sec mark to the 30 sec mark
does that maka seeennnsssae

Last edited by Fullnutta on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 10:48 am

Back to top Go down
Peachy
FORUM USER
Peachy

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 12:13 pm

Ah, well it seems Middy knows more Razz
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Used Adobe Premiere and output in QuickTime Movie format again
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PPQ832J5
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:12 pm

C44u2, did you edit it or am I still required to edit it? Smile
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:35 pm

Actually it looks like you better give it a try Middy.
The quality has dropped with my edit.
Adobe Premiere really only loves working with DV format.

Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:10 pm

if you could do it for me mate id appreciate it im hopeless with editing cheers for all your help guys

and thanks heaps c4 i didnt see your upload
Back to top Go down
Peachy
FORUM USER
Peachy

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:56 am

Haha, you can't go wrong with Vegas, just edit it Middy, you know what your doing Smile

I'll be asking you how to do stuff soon I'm sure ;D
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:37 am

I'll do it now. Do you need anything done to it at all or just the raw clip segment?
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 5:06 am

As soon as you open the file in Sony Vegas, the .MOV file quality is reduced a fair bit. As far as I am aware, there is no way around this.. maybe next time you do burnouts you should take a proper camera Grin
.MOV editor??? Qualit11

Anyway, here's the best I could do with it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DUOINPDI

Filename: Burnout.mp4
File Format: MPEG-4
Size: 2.33 MB
Pixel Size: w266xh470
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:33 am

sweet you are a champion middy thankyou very much
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 9:49 am

No worries man, any time Smile
Back to top Go down
StabbyMcStabby
FORUM USER
StabbyMcStabby

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:30 pm

MiddyAUS wrote:
As soon as you open the file in Sony Vegas, the .MOV file quality is reduced a fair bit. As far as I am aware, there is no way around this.. maybe next time you do burnouts you should take a proper camera Grin
.MOV editor??? Qualit11
That looks like (de-)interlacing isn't working properly.
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Stabby, the original resolution of the original was 480x272 (the clip was recorded on its side) at a rather bizarre resolution.

When you pull this into sony vegas, to render an output clip without black sides you need a pixel aspect ratio of 0.32000, but the minimum render pixel aspect ratio for sony vegas is 0.5000 strangely.

Therefore, the only way to output the clip without black borders was to manipulate the original pixel size. The picture above was the first result, in the released clip the quality isn't half as bad as it was in that picture as I found the optimal resolution whilst keeping a pixel aspect ratio of 1.0000 was 267x471 (which automatically changes to 268x472 when outputting, leaving a slight black border).

Therefore my final effort was just to leave the pixel resolution as 266x470.

Maybe changing the default deinterlacing settings may help, I'll look into it next time I come across it, thank you for the point-out Smile
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:24 pm

it wa recorded off LMB-Mics I4 i think the phone is more homo than him lol
Back to top Go down
StabbyMcStabby
FORUM USER
StabbyMcStabby

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:05 pm

I hate Vegas and avoid it like the plague now so I'm not going to be any help with it.

If all you want to do is simply change the format, maybe try a more low-tech program like VirtualDubMod. It's super basic and I find it works fantastically for converting video streams - it will not convert audio streams but it will let you add and remove audio tracks.
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:44 am

Got to love VirtualDubMod combined with DubMan for batching file format conversions.
I used VDubMod to change FRAPS output to DV format so Adobe would play nice with it. But now I have lost where I installed the files for VDubMod so I didn't try and convert the file before editing. I think I may have archived it off to my NAS. Will have to get that back on the system ...
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:00 am

you lost me after the word vegas lol
Back to top Go down
MIC
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:51 am

on the iphone if u want to watch it on tv or pc u have to hold it on the side would have been nice to know this as there is no editor on the piece of shit to rotate vids, but on the phone itself it shows it the right way round. sorry fellas (but not really)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

.MOV editor??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: .MOV editor???   .MOV editor??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.MOV editor???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Dear Chooky-
Jump to: