Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QLD floods

Go down 
+7
Au_reefer
x-ume
lylow
LeRawn
c44u2
Mozzie32
ThePiedPiper
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:59 am

I know alot of our members and friends live up that way. So I just wanted to send my best wishes to any of you or your families that are affected by the floods. Keep Safe

Cheers!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mozzie32
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Mozzie32

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:07 am

+1^
Back to top Go down
c44u2
FORUM USER
c44u2

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:14 am

Cheers Mate, it's a tad insane ...
Back to top Go down
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:20 am

Take care guys! Hope you're all safe and well.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks boys.

Im fine where I am. Nice high set house about 8 kms from the river. Plenty of little creeks nearby though that overnight have gone from being glorified storm water drains and turned into raging torrents.

Lots of road closures and warnings to keep off the streets unless vital. Realistically though its only a strip a couple of km's either side of the river that is really at risk.

But alot of people are panicking over the media build up. I couldnt even fill the van up with petrol this arvo. The ppl are getting so nervous theyve filled up and pissed off home. Had to get some bread too just because we are out. Seems every joint from here to Timbuktu is sold out though. More ppl panicking.

Im sure brissy will be fine. Its those poor bastards in the 150 km's west of here between Brisbane and Toowoomba that are suffering. Its an area called The Lockyer Valley, and its known as "south east Queensland's food bowl". Well, I'll tell ya, its turned into a bowl full of water overnight and every poor bugger living out there is swirling around in it.

Just hope they all make it through without too many more people being reported as having been killed.

Good luck to all those being affected by the floods fellas. Stay safe and as dry as you can.

Cheers,

Lylow.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Mother nature pushed the flush button to get rid of the turds Grin

Lylow stuck to the side of the bowl again Rolling Eyes

I remember crackwhore posting some pics of the river near his pad rising
6 - 10 meters awhile back, but I think he is further south?

Its amazing how quickly it ran through Toowoomba, caught alot of people out.

Back to top Go down
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Mother nature just saying "I'm here and still in control"

Hoping all is well with everyone
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:16 am

Fuck me, half the city is going under. The river is set to peak a little bit lower than previously expected but its still got half the cbd and so many suburbs around the river.

Their are drains with water flowing back up onto roads, rather than flowing from the roads down into the drains.

Again, Im still safe here, but it took me an hr to get home from work when its normally an 8 minute drive. There are that many roads closed that I got diverted to Perth via Ayers Rock.

Dont know if my net is going to last though (had a ping of 320 on aussie servers last night) so I thought id make a post and say hey.

Check in again with ya all sometime soon. Got the next two days off work. Might be volunteering for the cleanup too. Poor cunts alot worse off than me.
Back to top Go down
crakhore69
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
crakhore69

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:21 am

im all safe so far down here....river is up a fair bit but not panicing yet.hope all our qld members are safe and still got power.
Back to top Go down
marinekfc
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
marinekfc

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:08 pm

QLD floods Snake-15

look at the poor snake ='(
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Fuck me that was the weirdest thing. I posted up that I was all well and that my biggest worry was a high ping.

I hit ENTER to make the post.... and ZZZZZZAPPPP

Power to the house died.

I'd been hearing all day that power would be out to flooded suburbs til tuesday next week but never thought for a second we would lose the juice here.

Only just came back online. After a few hours of panicking and worrying that Id lost all the food in the fridge and no net til next week - BING! It all came back on.

Water in the local substation. All pumped out and working again..... until its not. Nail Biting

See how we go!

Good luck down there cracka mate. Youre right on it if it all goes to the poo. Hope you stay well man. Not Looking Start Now!
Back to top Go down
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:10 pm

We lost power tonight for about 1.5 hours. Dunno why, was really odd. The whole block lost it.

No storms or flooding or anything so it was a bit strange. Back on now though, so all good.

Hope you guys up north are safe and well!
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:56 am

now the floods are in victoria, hope you other people are okay down there.
Back to top Go down
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:04 am

We're fine in Melbourne, but if anyone is in country Victoria I hope you're ok too!
Back to top Go down
F3st0
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
F3st0

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:53 am

heard on the radio today, couple of bull sharks were seen in Ipswich. this was reported by Ipswich Council too.
30km from the ocean.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Bull sharks, or bull sh** ?

lol.

Nah, its possible. There have been confirmed reports of sharks in the brissie river before, and for about 2 days the entire suburb of Goodna WAS the Brisbane river.

So who knows. Maybe not just a load of hokum after all.
Back to top Go down
F3st0
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
F3st0

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 12:19 pm

well seeing bull sharks can survive in rivers as long as its sourced from the ocean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

QLD floods Empty
PostSubject: Re: QLD floods   QLD floods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QLD floods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: General Discussion-
Jump to: