Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Down for Maintenance

Go down 
+14
Union.Jack
equip3d
Nissmo
cd4562
BULLBAR
mpks
Hairymofo
crakhore69
ThePiedPiper
cranky
drEmR
Lucky
Timmy2times
lylow
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Down for Maintenance Empty
PostSubject: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:29 am

I've decided that its time to give the forum a bit of a facelift.

As there are a multiple changes to the forum appearance that Id like to make, it's easier to shut the JKS forum down for the 20 - 30 minutes it will take to perform the switch over.

So either tonight from about 9:00pm - 10:00pm, or 9:00am - 10:00am tomorrow morning, the forum will be offline.

Once its all done, let me know how it looks.

Cheers guys,

Lylow

*=JKS=* Admin

Last edited by lylow on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Timmy2times
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Timmy2times

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:46 am

no more botox lylow your pic in the avatar scares me. affraid
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Ok, so Ive made my changes.

Let me know what you think. It isnt 100% finished, but its getting there. We now have a widescreen forum, proper tabs at the top of the screen, and a slightly darker text colour. Ive kept all the link colours and quote colours that we are used to though. Its basically a different (and I hope) better look for the forum.

The page background is unfortunately giving me some grief. Something has glitched and I'm unable to change it from the silvery "tyre tread" style image that was there previously. I'll be sorting it out over the next few days, fingers crossed.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

Smile - Lylow
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:01 pm

WTF, who the F let you do this... YOU SHOULD..F

Nah looks good mate nice work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
drEmR
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:29 pm

Good work looks great finally fixed the calendar button that was always fuxored for me.
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:30 am

good work, i like it.
Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:56 am

nice job
Back to top Go down
crakhore69
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
crakhore69

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 4:22 am

looks tops bro....tops.
Back to top Go down
Timmy2times
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Timmy2times

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:02 am

looks great, love the wide screen
Back to top Go down
Hairymofo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:40 am

Looking good man.

Txt colour is great, not hard at all on the eyes with the dark background.
Back to top Go down
mpks
FORUM USER
mpks

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:07 am

Better with the widescreen, better for us oldies with poor eyesight.
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:25 am

Looks good lylac, I likes it. Thats Tops!
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:56 am

lylac. pff u noob Razz

hahahaha lmao

Oh and did anyone ever see a fault on the main forum page? It was just below "Members General" area. It was like an image that wouldnt load. That was my fault. Something Id done on the 1st night we set the forums up. All fixed now too Smile
Back to top Go down
cd4562
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cd4562

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:29 am

lylac is welsh for whore with shotgun cheers lmao lol!
Back to top Go down
Nissmo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:06 am

lylow wrote:
Ok, so Ive made my changes.

Let me know what you think. It isnt 100% finished, but its getting there. We now have a widescreen forum, proper tabs at the top of the screen, and a slightly darker text colour. Ive kept all the link colours and quote colours that we are used to though. Its basically a different (and I hope) better look for the forum.

The page background is unfortunately giving me some grief. Something has glitched and I'm unable to change it from the silvery "tyre tread" style image that was there previously. I'll be sorting it out over the next few days, fingers crossed.

Let me know what everyone thinks.

Smile - Lylow

contact your forum people we had same problem was their end tho ours is fixed now tho...i actually need to talk to dave to see if we can get our posted pics to the middle of the screen Batting Eyelashes i will have to batt me eylashes tho lol Batting Eyelashes
Back to top Go down
Nissmo
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:09 am

cd4562 wrote:
lylac is welsh for whore with shotgun cheers lmao lol!

Ummm marrrr double post BUT LMAO!!!! LYLAC heheheheeheeeee har har I love you
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:22 am

"Whore with a shotgun" in Welsh is "BUTAIN AG ERGYO CHYFEGR"

I will buy you a beer if you can pronounce that, good luck. lmao
Back to top Go down
equip3d
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 am

JKS server last night was 11 people on so 5 spare places, but every time i joined game and it was loading up i got kicked, doesnt happen on other servers wo whats the go any ideas, i do have kta tags on is that a problem ? plus when ever i look to see who is on there are never any names i regognise. do you guys get into bc2 much or are you all back on 2142
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:25 am

Mate no idea, a few of the boys were getting kicked form a server we were on last night too. They tried to join and then would be disconnected for no reason.

And no KTA tags aren't a problem.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:30 am

Should be able to get on fine now, those problems have stopped.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:15 am

Hey ladies.

Just a heads up. Even though this topic is 6 months old, I still havent been able to completely fix the background "silver tyre tread" image we use on the edges/background of our forum.

As part of my housekeeping mission for the clan these holidays I finally got in touch with the forum providers and asked for some help.

Theyve given me some things I can try to repair the fault which will hopefully sort everything out.

Unfortunately one of those fixes (and it will be the last one I try) requires the forum to go offline for a few hours - between 12 and 24 - while the forum re-installs the skin. So you may find the forum once again "down for maintenance".

Hopefully it wont ever come to it, but just a heads up.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:58 am

Re the above post:

This has been an ongoing issue for many many months - that of the forum background not loading properly. And its still not fixed.

Most of you will have never seen the forum working properly - this grey "tyre tread" patterning on the background is NOT what the forum should look like.

I havent been too stressed about fixing it, because while not the correct background it still isnt completely wrong, and as it turns out I needed to do a lot of work before I could begin the repair and even then it wouldnt be guaranteed to solve the issue.

However Ive had a couple of free hours yesterday and so I went through and did all the back ups I needed to the forum. As such I can now move ahead and try to fix the issues over the next 2 or 3 days.

Keep on using the forums during the maintenance work, as nothing will be lost and all posts will be recorded and displayed as normal

During that time though, the forums arent going to look as they do now. The text colours, font sizes, colours of the quote boxes - you name it - will appear differently. Ie: wrong colours, smaller sizes, links highlighted incorrectly, things like that.

Rest assured, it is only a display issue and none of our posts will be affected in any way whatsoever.

The change will take place later tonight and will slowly be brought back into line with our current theme during the next 48 - 72 hrs.

Cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:26 am

ahhhh id never noticed the tread untill now adds a kinda racey feel gay
Back to top Go down
TripN
FORUM USER

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 am

go with enjin forums if all else fails Smile
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 am

Hey guys.

So as you can see - the forum has gotten a bit of a work over.

As I said in the posts above - this will all come back into line shortly over the next couple of days.

Hopefully in the process, fixing our rooted background.

Cheers,

Lylow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Down for Maintenance   Down for Maintenance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Down for Maintenance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: General Discussion-