Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All-in-One LAN PC

Go down 
+3
noncombat
Union.Jack
lylow
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:29 am

My mate at work - our PC tech is a mad gamer too. (Just not FPS Cry otherwise I'd be recruiting Razz ) Check out this all in one rig he custom built himself to take to LAN's:

He bought a proper LCD monitor, but tore the plastic bezel/screen surrounds off. Then he's taken your average PC case and cut a huge rectangular hole in the side of it. Into the hole, he mounted what was left of the monitor - the LCD panel - and built a little area inside the tower to house the LCD's 240V switch mode power supply.

He chucked some speakers in the case as well - screwed them onto the mountings for the 120mm case fans! Add a few rubber washers, and the vibration is gone, audio is cracker jack!

Then whack on some external hinges, and by screwing them onto a keyboard...youve got a collapsible peripheral! Then run a shit load of cables from the externals to the internals and hey presto! Set up your whole gaming rig and be ready to play, in the same time that it takes everyone else just to find out that they've actually left their power cord at home. Razz

We went to one LAN last month where he had to cut and run early. He got a phone call from his wife, and he said "Ok I'll leave at the end of this round".... Well the game ended, and before the next map had finished loading for the rest of us, he'd shut down, packed up, and was shaking hands goodbye.

Bloody brilliant! Zoomy, Bullbar.... you guys especially might take a bit of an interest in this!!! Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:17 pm

That is pretty cool lylow. I like it!
Back to top Go down
noncombat
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:14 pm

that case would get soooo FUCKING HOT OMFG>>...
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:24 am

Link is not working for me
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:08 am

Back to top Go down
Bubba
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Bubba

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:26 am

i know he shows the temps and there all pretty low but fuck me like combat said when ur gaming that thing must get ridiculously hot
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks Meph! Not sure what I was doing wrong.

Cool set up, it will get hot but if he's not playing games that are graphically demanding this may be all he needs. Zoomie and I would start hacking into that back of it and bolting on some triple rads. Cooling compact PC's is certainly a head fuck, I know that from experience.

Pretty cool how he just has to rock up plug in the Lan line and he’s away.
Back to top Go down
Spleen
FORUM USER
Spleen

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:14 am

Modding genius!
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:38 pm

he reckons it was 2 weeks worth of work. Every night after work for a couple of hours. Worst was measuring and sussing out HOW it would work. No good getting 8 days in and having half a PC case left, only to find out one thing wouldnt fit. Everything else was fairly simple though.

It looks awesome in the flesh. I'd have chucked in for a low-graphic base model jobbie for myself! (I'd still kick ass on it Razz ) But now that he's got his, he aint makin' anymore. Sad

Tight ass. Hahaha!

Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Sponsored content

All-in-One LAN PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: All-in-One LAN PC   All-in-One LAN PC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All-in-One LAN PC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Dear Chooky-
Jump to: