Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BF3 DLC

Go down 
+4
Au_reefer
lylow
cd4562
Spleen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Spleen
FORUM USER
Spleen

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:52 pm

So apparently DICE has announced its intentions for the first DLC this year being the "Close Quarter Pack" bounce http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

The idea of this pack is to release more infantry close quarter maps such as or similar to Grand Bazzar or metro.
Along with the new maps, comes new weapons which we dont need and new dog tags with new assignments.
In addition to the new weapons dice plans to release new vehicles such as "new tanks, ATV’s, and mobile artillery" - FUCK SAKE ABOUT TIME WE GOT ATV'S -
Dice also provides us with the destruction they originally promised upon release of the game but held out so they
could sell us the same bullshit in a DLC which is described as "HD Destruction" which in my opinion is the sort of thing
that should have been in the game to their best ability already but apparently not. Suspect BF3 DLC 675108

With this "HD Destruction" it is said that rubble will pile up on the floor "Everything from furniture to plaster can be
shot to pieces, and players can see the result of the mayhem as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor"

Not so sure if this is a good or bad thing at this stage, if I can use the rubble as cover (good) if the rubble stops me from
moving or is hard to jump over (bad)

So this may be the kick that most of us need to get another temporary interest in the game for another 2 months or so
but we will have to wait until June, and when they say june they really mean july as we all know of their excellent timing skills Evil or Very Mad

There was no mention of commond rose 2.0 or the patch so I assume we can expect it to be done sometime in march well
before the decide to release this pack. bounce

ALSO apparently DICE plan to only release 3 DLC packs this year, the next of which after "Close Quarters" is said to be called
"Armor Kill" where by DICE plan to release the largest map in battlefields history. with these large maps will come lots of
vehicle warfare and tank whoring. I am still unsure what role infantry will play but only hope that they don't put a large
fucking tower in it for snipers because that would fuck everything up BF3 DLC 239149

AND FINALY the last DLC content set to be released will be in winter (summer) and will be called "End Game", no details onto what end game
will be but it seems that once again dice has failed with their time predictions as bf3 will surely end on pc b4 end game comes BF3 DLC 147632

SOOOOO if you've read all that bullshit I just typed thanks, leave a comment on what you think about the content to come and about
patches that might get me convinced to start playing again BF3 DLC 960283

Cheers for reading, -Spleen-
Back to top Go down
cd4562
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cd4562

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 am

fuckin brilliant more metro style maps !!!

cannot believe dice do not have a fucking clue how fucked up battlefield has become !!

Battlefeild was all about team work !!!! for fuck sake once apon a time you actually got less points for being a lone wolf now its the fucking norm !!

Why ???

Cant fucking communicate (unless on TS) as the VOIP is garbage cant even try to be part of a squad with out a decent commo rose.

The no commander basically says there is no plan now just run around and shoot everything.

so many gadgets , so many weapons , so much imbalance of weapon damage !!!! arhhhhhhhh.

consoles have truly fucked this game forever !! I was hoping that if they release BF2143 it would be as per the old bf formula but sadly i think it will be like bf3
Back to top Go down
Spleen
FORUM USER
Spleen

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:03 am

cd4562 wrote:
fuckin brilliant more metro style maps !!!

cannot believe dice do not have a fucking clue how fucked up battlefield has become !!

Battlefeild was all about team work !!!! for fuck sake once apon a time you actually got less points for being a lone wolf now its the fucking norm !!

Why ???

Cant fucking communicate (unless on TS) as the VOIP is garbage cant even try to be part of a squad with out a decent commo rose.

The no commander basically says there is no plan now just run around and shoot everything.

so many gadgets , so many weapons , so much imbalance of weapon damage !!!! arhhhhhhhh.

consoles have truly fucked this game forever !! I was hoping that if they release BF2143 it would be as per the old bf formula but sadly i think it will be like bf3

+1 everything you just said
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:01 am

You typed that all up yourself spleeny? Nice one mate. Very, very well said.

I think theyve really lost their way. Battlefield was always about both vehicles and infantry. But they've lost the balance to such a degree, that they are now giving us ALL of the tiny infantry only maps, and then ALL the big "armour only" maps as two separate DLC's!!! Its ridiculous. And the imbalance couldnt be more obvious. Hell, they are actually advertising it as such!

Personally, for my few minutes of quiet gaming - my TDM lone wolf gaming, I quite like the smaller maps. The Grand Bazaar type ones. But simply put: those maps are not BF maps. They are COD maps. They only work for "run and gun" type matches without any hint of vehicles.

Most of us here I would imagine would enjoy the larger maps first and foremost. Myself included, when we have a good squad all on together. But what are EA handing out fisrt?? The tiny ones. And only "sometime later" do they give us the larger maps to DL..... by which time everyone will have played the smaller maps, got the shits and quit.

All that being said though, maybe it will let a few of us put a bit more time back into BF3 before we put the game to bed entirely.

And CD - equally well put mate. Couldnt have said it better myself.
But I tried to anyway.
Using more words.
Suffer in your jocks. Razz

Last edited by lylow on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Spleen
FORUM USER
Spleen

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:07 am

Im convinced BF3 is beyond saving, from what we can see above, they've sold out to the consoles yet again by generating this close quarter map pack to imitate the shooter of a cod series and they obviously nerved the destruction in release of the game.

My faith doesn't extend much further even for the vehicle warfare pack because its most likely going to be tank whores and snipers.

And to cap it all of DICE has pulled us all apart because of their fuck ups, their sell out to the console ruined it for us and clans for bc2 have disbanded just because their is no lead game for their clan.

Now I dont want that, I know you all dont want that, but at some stage we are going to have to give dice the finger again for their shit job as game devs and start anew

I say we try spread the word of ravaged amoungst any clan who had their lead game as bf3 and hope they join us in ravaged cause personally ill be fucked if im giving dice 30 bucks for 4 maps and some shitty guns that will unbalance the game yet again
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:11 am

Yeah I dont think I'll be spending another cent on Battlefail 3. Its destroying the gaming communities, not just here but in a host of other clans.

For LESS then the price of this DLC, you can own the entire game of Ravaged in full, no muss no fuss. Why throw good money after bad?
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:34 am

I've all but givn up on BF3 as well.

I had a good look through Game and EB and JB and there is nothing any of the game delv are offering that slightly interests me. I certainly not going to play WoW based games or something you have to buy then subscribe to every month that sounds like a kids game anyhow(no offence to those playing it atm) there seems to be a real gap in FPS atm that are team based
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:15 am

Read this thread on the Ravaged forum

http://www.2dawn.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=979&Itemid=24

This is me going off and one of the devs coming on and saying it's all good.

I have such hopes for ravaged i really hope it's not ruined like Bf3.

If I'm honest I'll probably buy the Armoured Warfare pack for Bf3 but only if others are buying it. And reefer I agree I don't want to pay for a subscription game but I'll pay for 3 months if it's a good enough stop gap until Ravaged comes out. Especially if other guys are playing it.
Back to top Go down
Spleen
FORUM USER
Spleen

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 am

Tiss better to input now when minds can still be swayyed than to input upon release for changes that cannot be made BF3 DLC 960283 hopefully this game is everything that we need to fill the gaping gap which the cunts @ dice left in our clan and we can once again have a core game with which we can all play. I know for one we are not the only clan going through this and it is the pc community that dice has scarred the most! FUCK YOU DICE! GO MAKE ME A FUCKING COUCH! A NICE ONE! WITH LEATHER! SO I CAN SINK INTO IT! Razz
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:04 pm

One of the biggest fails of BF3 is the destruction. In 2142 you couldn't blow up
shit which ment everytime you went to a silo you had somewhere to hide.

Now they have added more destructive stuff to BF3, they should just give
us a flat map with weapons that can shoot from one base to another and be
done with it. And not a large flat map so console cant enjoy the camping either.
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Spleen wrote:
So apparently DICE has announced its intentions for the first DLC this year being the "Close Quarter Pack" bounce http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/close-quarters

The idea of this pack is to release more infantry close quarter maps such as or similar to Grand Bazzar or metro.
Along with the new maps, comes new weapons which we dont need and new dog tags with new assignments.
In addition to the new weapons dice plans to release new vehicles such as "new tanks, ATV’s, and mobile artillery" - FUCK SAKE ABOUT TIME WE GOT ATV'S -
Dice also provides us with the destruction they originally promised upon release of the game but held out so they
could sell us the same bullshit in a DLC which is described as "HD Destruction" which in my opinion is the sort of thing
that should have been in the game to their best ability already but apparently not. Suspect BF3 DLC 675108

With this "HD Destruction" it is said that rubble will pile up on the floor "Everything from furniture to plaster can be
shot to pieces, and players can see the result of the mayhem as rubble and broken pieces pile up on the floor"

Not so sure if this is a good or bad thing at this stage, if I can use the rubble as cover (good) if the rubble stops me from
moving or is hard to jump over (bad)

So this may be the kick that most of us need to get another temporary interest in the game for another 2 months or so
but we will have to wait until June, and when they say june they really mean july as we all know of their excellent timing skills Evil or Very Mad

There was no mention of commond rose 2.0 or the patch so I assume we can expect it to be done sometime in march well
before the decide to release this pack. bounce

ALSO apparently DICE plan to only release 3 DLC packs this year, the next of which after "Close Quarters" is said to be called
"Armor Kill" where by DICE plan to release the largest map in battlefields history. with these large maps will come lots of
vehicle warfare and tank whoring. I am still unsure what role infantry will play but only hope that they don't put a large
fucking tower in it for snipers because that would fuck everything up BF3 DLC 239149

AND FINALY the last DLC content set to be released will be in winter (summer) and will be called "End Game", no details onto what end game
will be but it seems that once again dice has failed with their time predictions as bf3 will surely end on pc b4 end game comes BF3 DLC 147632

SOOOOO if you've read all that bullshit I just typed thanks, leave a comment on what you think about the content to come and about
patches that might get me convinced to start playing again BF3 DLC 960283

Cheers for reading, -Spleen-

And thank you lylow .. oh sorry... SPLEEN .. just what we need: another short story novelist .... gay

J/K-ing mate that was a good read.. but i think until they completely redesign the way the game is played its still just gonna be a COD where the environment is destructible...
Back to top Go down
Spleen
FORUM USER
Spleen

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Lol im glad everyone is so impressed with my typing skills cause it took me about 6 to 9 edits to get that one to where it is today Razz
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:53 am

Interesting stuff.

Yeah I think the community have released their own End Game DLC with the blackouts and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BF3 DLC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 DLC   BF3 DLC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3 DLC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Battlefield 3-
Jump to: