Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where did your game name come from?

Go down 
+15
MIC
MagusXecute
Spleen
Regats
lylow
AUS-Jailbird
Bubba
Bradyns
crakhore69
MidnightBeast
Union.Jack
Au_reefer
livewildcard
Gaddo
mooshoo
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

Where did your game name come from? Empty
PostSubject: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Saw a thread like this on aa forums not sure if there is one on here already but here goes!

Back to top Go down
Gaddo
FORUM USER
Gaddo

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

family nick name all family has it father brother uncles everyone
Back to top Go down
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Grin I had to think way way back to try and remember

Back way before 2142 days thought it was cool to try and get known. Thought I could play and become a bit of a wild card, jump in a server cause some havoc and leave. Being the self interested person I am lol thought people would like this wild card on their side, i.e traditional wild card that could be substituted for any other class/card. So I could play any role and mix it up.

Except then some random took it at some stage so had to change to livewildcard. Because you guessed it I'm alive. Original I know. But since then it has stuck and I use it for everything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/livewildcard1?feature=mhee
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:21 am

I have a reef aquarium at home and also owned the name Aussie Reef Aquariums
Back to top Go down
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:26 am

I couldn't find any on here Reefer you have any pics?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/livewildcard1?feature=mhee
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:41 am

I've been through a few ingame names so bear with me Smile

ulrik9999 - First ever online pc name, taken from a Space Wolf character from Warhammer 40k.

Rock_N_Rolla - Created after watching the movie Smile Someone stole it for Bc2 though Sad

Evil.Clown - Created just after we started JKS used in 2142 and Bc2

Union.Jack - Bc2 pretty obvious where this name comes from. Anyone who doesn't get it should be shot Smile

(it took luckys brother 3 months to realise)
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 1:51 am

Midnight Beast. I'm beastly and I generally game at ungodly hours. Simple Smile
Back to top Go down
crakhore69
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
crakhore69

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:11 am

crakhore69 is because i will whore myself out to any chick with a crack and nothing bets a good 69......mmmmmm crack.....nice.
Back to top Go down
Bradyns
FORUM USER
Bradyns

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:00 am

#Bradyns [1995-2011]
My actual name is Bradyn.
Used it in games since I played Doom II -- I was 5y/o.

#Gruntzrule [2005-2007]
Back in my xbox days of playing Halo2

#VladTheImpaler [2009-2010]
Historical figure, known for some brutal shit.

#3.1415926535897932384626433 [2009]
I used Pi when I was playing GarrysMod.
[Using it helped me learn it to 25 places]

#HighOrderPrimate [2011]
Being the descendants of an ape-like common ancestor;
Homo Sapiens Sapiens [Humans] are regarded as the higher of the primates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradyns-blog.com/
Bubba
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Bubba

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:24 am

mines my nickname that stuck!

i use it for everything!

My brother started calling me that, because i have a big bottom lip like bubba from forest gump !
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:50 am

Always interesting to learn how people come to have the names they have!

Evil.Clown has a great amount of humor but also sends a warning message my vote for best name so far!
Back to top Go down
AUS-Jailbird
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
AUS-Jailbird

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:41 am

Jailbird, from the Simpsons "Snake Jailbird"

Chester Turley, or Snake Jailbird, also known as Professor Jailbird and Detention Bird, is a recidivist criminal, always getting arrested, but rarely appearing to stay in prison. He speaks with a "Valley Boy" accent. He is partial to fast cars and fast women, and has a knack for reckless abandon.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:20 am

I'm pretty sure we've got a couple of other threads on this too Moo, but I'll forgive you for not searching for them mate - the forums are cluttered with 2 years worth of crap, lol. Plus it's Xmas so I'll be nice Razz

As for my name - nothing special. I was about 19 or so and hadn't ever played any online games FPS's or otherwise. I wanted to be cool, call myself something awesome like "Blade" or "Devestator" or "The Terminator" or god only knows what.

Naturally they were all taken within an hour of the game going live, and I was about 6 months off the pace. ( I'd actually bought 2142 about 3 months before I installed it not knowing whether I'd like this online garbage.....still not sure. CUNTS! )

So anyway on the day, with all the "good" names taken, I decided to muck around. Tried a name, taken, had a beer. Tried another, also taken, had another beer... Eventually I got to thinking about the game and playing styles. Thought about "lying low" or "lie low" but by this stage I was onto my 4rd or 5th coldie, and couldn't think how to spell "lie" so I went with "lylow". The name stuck and Ive used it ever since.

The moral of this story is: Stoopidity will reign supreme!

I've also used a few since then:
  • "GiggedyGiggedy" Because who doesnt love Quagmire?
  • "CheekyMonkey" This name I created so I could basically play next to my mates, be a cunt to everyone (specifically those same mates) and no one would know it was me. Lasted about an hour before someone said "Lylow is that you with the shotgun? You dolphin diving whore!" Rolling Eyes
  • "Uncle_ChopChop" - Wanted a new character, going through a phase where I must have watched every "Ronnie Johns Half Hour" about four times over, and what better name to use? HELLO KIDDIES! ITS UNCLE CHOPPER!
  • =LOL= SHOTGUN AHOY - By far and away the most fun I ever had with an alternate. Was back in the days before we created JKS and a few of us were a bit upset with how our previous clan was doing. I had enough one afternoon, so I made up LOL tags, and gave myself the name of my favourite gun. Told my mates what I was up to... and before I knew it, there were about 12 "=LOL= (INSERT_GUN_NAME_ HERE) AHOY's" running around. Jack, Mettie, Lucky, Cracka, I think even zoomie and reefer were in on it. (And Im sure there are more of you, sorry if Ive forgotten!) Ahhh the memories! Id like to think it was the fore-runner of JKS! Love
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 am

I'd forgotten about LOL tags!!!

=LOL= KRYLOV_AHOY Smile

Loved it, good times Wink
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah thats right, you da man! Grin

Cracka took your gunship name! Haha - TALON AHOY. Mettie was NAKOMATA AHOY (or there abouts) the PAC hover tank! Man we had some fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
Regats
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Regats

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:49 am

Well, my real name is Regan. All my friends call me Regs, but when I'd just bought Battlefield 2142 Regs was taken, and one of my best mates had started calling me Regats, well that was available so I went with it.

OMG Reefer, I always thought Reefer reffered to a "joint" because thats what it means to me. So you're not a pot head after all? lol.

Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:53 am

I knew you were Regan mate, but never twigged that Regats was a nickname off your name in RL! Lol, stupid me hey? Nice one mate.

And as for Au_Reefer... Sick He should switch back to Shadofighter. The day Reefer was born, a little part of me died inside. Sad

Back to top Go down
Spleen
FORUM USER
Spleen

PostSubject: Re: Where did your game name come from?   Where did your game name come from? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 12:31 pm