Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More changes incoming.

Go down 
+3
lylow
mooshoo
Union.Jack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

More changes incoming. Empty
PostSubject: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:48 am

Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:03 am

Awesome aggressive recon back wahoo!!
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:41 am

The replies underneath make a really good point:

So many features we used to take for granted, we now lose. And all because consoles dont have 40 mappable keys.
We have to double up on keys (Q = spot, Q also = attack/defend order) or forgo some things entirely (eg an independent squad leader commo rose).

Why cant they just give us what we want! Even if the PC version of the game cost $150! Ii'd still buy it - and gladly pay the extra if it meant I had a game that I loved! Instead of a game that was made weaker than it could be, only to help another group of gamers entirely - the console cunts!

Still, rant over for now - some of those changes look good... some look as if they are simply switching things back to how it was before last weeks patch: the recoil on the AEK and the F2000 will be going back to how it was before last weeks patch for example.

Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Bradyns
FORUM USER
Bradyns

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:28 am

Great find!

That was a bloody long list, a few things there that are quite good!

eg;
>Claymores now also persist through death, the player can have 2 claymores planted.
>Semiautomatic weapons will no longer "jam" if the player presses fire faster than the weapon is capable of shooting. Some semi automatic weapons have had their rates of fire adjusted to fit this change. [This shits me to no end!]
>Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
>Dying from the explosion of a car or other explosive static object should now correctly credit the player who caused the explosion.
>Players will no longer receive suicides or team kills if they crash their vehicle (dying is punishment enough).
>Reduced the black screen fade in time on spawn.

Agreed Lylow, I believe that is why BF2 was so successful [Being uniquely PC].
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradyns-blog.com/
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:36 am

Sorry Braydens, I do not understand what is good about claymores? They are the most pointless, skill less weapon in the game. Now two can be placed and are going to stay there for the entire match waiting for somebody to run into them. I sort of understood them in BF2 as they did protect the snipers position, but the Support class having them is just stupid and makes no sense. More claymores are going to promote camping.

Dice go through such detail and development and to make this game so called realistic. Then they come up with the brain fart of making aggressive recon. In reality there is no such thing as aggressive recon. Snipers do not run around the battlefield with massive rifles shooting off the hip, quick scoping and then wiping out their pistols to finish guys off. It would be more realistic if you run around the battlefield with your pants round your ankles firing 40mm’s out your ass.

We may as well now all play World War Craft with swords and spells because this is the way this game is heading. Running around with a one shot sniper rifle and quick scoping is easy kills that's why everyone likes it.

I have now been force to use the sniper class as I all I get now is one shot killed all the time and it about to get worse.

Lets face it guys this game has been totally compromised by console now and is going down hill fast. I still play it because I love playing with you guys but I don't know how much longer I can put up with all the imbalances.
Back to top Go down
Fullnutta
FORUM USER
Fullnutta

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:01 am

Does anyone like anything with this game?????

Seems everyone just craps on it when its actually in my eyes starting to become a good game they are slowly fixing the bugs!!!!

Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:47 am

Fullnutta wrote:
Does anyone like anything with this game?????

Seems everyone just craps on it when its actually in my eyes starting to become a good game they are slowly fixing the bugs!!!!

There actually quite a lot I like about this game. What I don't like are the gimicks and the people who think it's ok to use them. DICE have moved away from pure gameplay and are compensating by using gimicks.

In order to attract the xbox generation they are resorting to things like flashlights, laser sights, auto shoties with frag rounds, aggresive recon, IRNV, mav's etc.

They should of stuck with 4 kits, 4 guns each kit, standard scopes voip that worked like it did in bf2/2142 and no gimicks or add ons and let the teamwork and gameplay make the game.
Back to top Go down
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:47 am

I'm loving it.

For BC2 i was totally different style. I was traditionally a recon with the Gol and used nothing else. Got up to like 15,000 kills or something with it and only towards the end I was like, damn better try unlock everything else. Never got around to it.

I've been having heaps of fun trying unlock every attachment for every gun for BF3. I've polished off the assault and the engineer, working on support and recon at the moment about half way through both. Then saving the co-op guns for later and of course Karkland going to throw more into the mix.

To me some guns have been totally rubbish and when you go toe to toe with someone you know your going to die because you using the worst gun but makes game bit more challenging and have to think of different tactics to get kills.

I've used claymores effectively and are pivotal to some games. When playing with the boys in rush etc, like Siene Crossing that first mcom with B, putting a claymore at the back door allows us to focus more on the "known" entry points. As soon as the claymore goes off its "Boys they coming in the back door" Of course this excites Gaddo more than most but still its useful on those occassions as a guard for a spot just cant protect.

As for everything else, love the gameplay, love the sounds and the sights its a good game I rage every now and again just like anyone else when rego gone down the toilet etc but for most part I'm loving it and I'll keep trying to unclock everything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/livewildcard1?feature=mhee
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:49 am

I rage everytime someone kills me with MAV thats a massive gimmick. Got killed last night the guy had a MAV tag. 6000MAV kills. Thats all he did. Cant see the fun in that playing the game in black and white all day every day.

Back to top Go down
Bradyns
FORUM USER
Bradyns

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 am

Quote :
Sorry Braydens, I do not understand what is good about claymores? They are the most pointless, skill less weapon in the game. Now two can be placed and are going to stay there for the entire match waiting for somebody to run into them. I sort of understood them in BF2 as they did protect the snipers position, but the Support class having them is just stupid and makes no sense. More claymores are going to promote camping.

I don't actually use the claymores, but I think it's good that they persist like landmines. (They are like landmines for troops, except more easy to avoid.)

Claymores don't magically disappear when you put one down and they are limited to two; so it's not going to be a minefield. (You've been able to place two since day dot).

They can be used to tactically hold a position (objective, choke point, etc) or cover your back when there are multiple entrance points.

Not to mention that they are incredibly easy to avoid.

It means that people need to be more careful when moving in on objectives and buildings (like you actually would) instead of hoppy choppy rambo the fuck out of the place w/guns blazing.

Even if the enemy isn't killed it's a big heads up that there are enemies in and or around that location/entry.
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:27 am

Quote :
They should of stuck with 4 kits, 4 guns each kit, standard scopes voip that worked like it did in bf2/2142 and no gimicks or add ons and let the teamwork and gameplay make the game.

Bravo Sir Bravo!

Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:43 am

I must be doing something wrong you are going to have to explain this one.

Quote :
Not to mention that they are incredibly easy to avoid.

You must spend the whole game crouched or crawling around every corner?

Plus if your postion has been over taken you have been killed and out played why should your asset remain?

Support players should not camp they should push to the next objective and resupply.
Back to top Go down
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 am

I have found that if you run into a claymore, chances are they will just place another one in the same spot. So if I die I make it an effort to go back to that place, sneak past it and sure enough its been put at same place and then stab the guy looking the other way thinking his claymores will cover him.
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:54 am

livewildcard wrote:
So if I die I make it an effort to go back to that place, sneak past it and sure enough its been put at same place and then stab the guy looking the other way thinking his claymores will cover him.

Works well until someone you can't talk too spawns on you and runs off past it.
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:13 am

So you have to crawl up maybe 6-8 flights of steps to kill one guy who has camped on the top floor of a building, when he should be supporting his squad. Let’s not forget he get two claywhores. If he put the claymore in the same spot he deserves to get stabbed.

LOL Jack you also got to love the blocking spawn when you push out round a corner to try and lay cover fire and your team mate spawns on your inside so you’re stuck there and cannot run back. DIE
Back to top Go down
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:21 am

Never had claymores ruining an entire round so dont think they are the biggest issue in the world and yes running out of a corner, seeing 4 guys, rethinking and running backwards only to face palm a team mate that has just spawned on you and you both die. That is fun.
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 am

It does not ruin the enire game for me either. Its just another way a gamer with no skill can get cheap easy kills, and I believe something that could have been left out of this game.

Back to top Go down
Bradyns
FORUM USER
Bradyns

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:38 am

Quote :
You must spend the whole game crouched or crawling around every corner?

Nope, but if I know an enemy is in a building on the 2nd or 3rd level; I crouch to the top.
Particularly if there is LMG fire.

Quote :
Plus if your postion has been over taken you have been killed and out played why should your asset remain?

That is the way it works in real circumstances (Excusing the unrealistic fact you can crouch/prone)

They are pretty much placed at the start of an attack on an objective, not an obscure corner at the back.

As LIVE said, I usually knife the fucker Razz

Also, using the 2nd and 3rd story of a building can be an offensive tactic, take the D flag on Seine for example, you can cover your teammates capping the flag, with a large FOV and elevation.

Defending a point is still considering playing the objective.

Not that I use the strategies, just saying that they are justifiable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More changes incoming.   More changes incoming. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More changes incoming.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Battlefield 3-
Jump to: