PostSubject: Re: Patch   Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:17 pm

mine was ready to go this morning but i had to go to work:(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Patch   Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:52 pm

Patch is win so far! my favorite is the textbox being moved!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: Patch   Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:00 am

Bloody oath, Now that I'm not trying to see through it all the time I actually do find time to have a look in the chat every now and again and see whats crackin.

I'm not sure if the heavy barrel was good before. But I'm amping it now, at long range it seems a 2 or 3 bullet kill with the A-91 and up close it's the same as normal. A lil more recoil but it packs a punch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

PostSubject: Re: Patch   Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:10 am

Not much point getting in a tank now, two well placed rockets and your gone. It takes an ice age to repair them as well.

IR is better but will still get used by some people on close quater maps. God knows why its now rubbish after 40 meters.

Flash light is really no better, it is still unrealistic. A torch that small will never be that bright and wide at the same time.

I did not feel to much difference in the M416, so over all I'm happy so far with the patch. Hopefully the snipers will not take over this game now like they did in BC2.
I did see lots of guys running around with the M98 and a 4x.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Patch   Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:27 am

Yeah well, so far so good. Its not the perfection that it could have been, but its certainly a positive move in the right direction.

The IRNV is 75% better. It'll still be used by noobs on close quarters maps but at least its not the 400 metre spotting machine it used to be. For a 1x scope it now fits a little more realistically into the game.

The flashlight is still OP, but its less OP than what it was. I'll take small mercies where I find them as far as that one goes.

I like the fact that mortar spam will be almost completely quashed with this patch. The only thing a mortar can kill now is a dedicated camper who doesnt move for a good 5 - 10 seconds (thats an epic length of time in-game). And if the mortarer misses with his first shot, the reload time will mean he'll very rarely get that 2nd opportunity: hence no spam.

And personally I havent tried out the frag ammo in HC mode yet, but if softcore is any indication, then they have well and truly toned it back as well. Took me a full clip to kill one bloke last night. Still powerful, and good for longer range targets - but possibly not the tank turret on legs that it was before?

Here's to us getting in some decent rounds in the next few days and not getting fed up with the noob gimmicks that were making BF3 difficult to enjoy!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Patch   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:29 am

Without IR snipers have become more dominant .. But not the helpful kind of aggressive recon .. the type that sit on a hill all round.

In HC m98b was always gonna be a beast!

Played a few rounds of rush this morning and it was great without the feeling of being watched all the time!

Tanks do take less punishment even in softcore which means infantry support is a must now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patch   

Back to top Go down

Patch
Page 1 of 1