Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lucky's Rig

Go down 
+6
TripN
mooshoo
MidnightBeast
Union.Jack
LeRawn
Lucky
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 8:51 am

Lucky's Rig Pc14
Back to top Go down
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 10:55 am

I have the Phantom case! But I got the green/black one. Very, very nice case. Grin

All your other stuff looks sexy too. I'm jelly.
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:08 am

I hate you
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Thats the same as the one I just planned out, minus the $200 monitor, because I got myself a 42" tv instead Grin
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Lucky Im not pissing in your pocket mate I call a spade a spade and acknowledge talent when I see it but mate your gonna be a boss no matter what system you have .. get a shit one so I have a chance
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:17 pm

mooshoo wrote:
Lucky Im not pissing in your pocket mate I call a spade a spade and acknowledge talent when I see it but mate your gonna be a boss no matter what system you have .. get a shit one so I have a chance

Haha, Cheers mate! =]
Back to top Go down
TripN
FORUM USER

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 1:43 am

Lucky's Rig Luckyz

get rid of the ssd and raid up 3 of those raptors much better preformance and more drive space and fraps
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:38 pm

i would use a 2500k for gaming and get a 27"monitor instead.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 pm

cranky wrote:
i would use a 2500k for gaming and get a 27"monitor instead.

Why's that Smile
Back to top Go down
TripN
FORUM USER

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:34 pm

because the i5 is pretty much rated the best over all gaming chip but if u wanna future proof it then go i7
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 pm

hyperthreading doesnt help with games.
Back to top Go down
TripN
FORUM USER

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:20 pm

cranky wrote:
hyperthreading doesnt help with games.

games up to date yes, more along the lines of games are not scripted to run on hyperthreaded chips. a year ago i would of said yes today different story bf3 is suppose to make full use of hyperthreaded chips, but we will see. plenty of gamers are running Core i7's these days imo its overkill
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:53 pm

alot of gamers also benchmark so a hyperthreaded chip is good for that. i just got a 2500k and a gigabyte z68x ud3r-b3 last week. with the standard cooler it runs at 4ghz at 60c in bf3. there is no future proofing these days.
Back to top Go down
TripN
FORUM USER

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:58 am

nice Smile
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:52 am

My i5-2400 does the job no probs cheap as too
Back to top Go down
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 3:04 am

I'm with Union etc. Nothing fancy, all I want to do is get in a play the game. Don't care if windows loads 15 seconds faster or that I have enough drives linked together that my adult collection will be with me for years to come.

Latest machine I got is i7, 8gig low latency ripjaws, 1tb barracuda drive, I run a 560 Ti, 800w power supply (its just what came with it it was an already built box), thermaltake box plus whatever else came with it. Never had an issue, I get to kill stuff and didn't cost arm and leg and nothing complicated.

All comes down to personal preference and what makes you happy when you log on to game.

Another option check out https://nirv.com.au. Click on play pc's down the bottom, click on customise on one you like and compare prices.

They also sell cheaper on E-Bay exact same machines, set up, ready to go out of box, delivered Australia wide. You can customise as well so you just buy it, then send them list of extra stuff you want they resend a new price and go from there.

I got one of their $1700 ones for $1300 on Ebay. They have buy it now prices much cheaper then websites.

Know idea if cheaper/dearer than what your looking at but another option for you. Some people like idea (like me) just buying it, already built, nothing to worry about, has warranty etc and about same price if not cheaper you can get most places.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/livewildcard1?feature=mhee
TripN
FORUM USER

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:04 am

well he originally wanted a 60gb ssd which isnt gunna be enuff for windows and bf3 3 raptors are around the same price as a 120 GB ssd and with better preformance and more hard drive space
Back to top Go down
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:41 am

Yea once again personal preference I guess. Wouldn't really need to put bf3 on the SSD would you? Really only for load times actually gameplay you woudn't really notice anything would you?

Only really chuck windows on the SSD if you absolutely want windows to load faster.

In terms performance the 3 raptors would be good with extra hard drive space but then once again only if your going to use if. No point having 2 tb or something if you only want it for surfing net, windows and bf3 (like me).

I record some vids etc, whilst not best quality Razz, the actual movie files take up some space and I've never been close to running out on a 1tb if you plan it properly.

There will be something bigger and better in 12 months time either way you go I believe. Thats what I meant when I said I'm with Jack. If I can log in and play the game decently, I'm sweet, doesnt bother me whats inside the box.

All options mentioned so far are going to play it, play it well and be good machines. Comes down to personal preference now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/livewildcard1?feature=mhee
TripN
FORUM USER

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:44 am

to be honest yea its up to personal preference
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:34 am

Yeah i see what you are all saying! Thanks for your help! Smile
Back to top Go down
cranky
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
cranky

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 12:09 pm

i use intel smart responce, use a normal hdd and a ssd for cache. feels the same speed as when i had it t iall installed on a ssd.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:06 pm

I dropped the whole ssd for the moment, dont really need it.
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Mephisto

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:53 am

i got pretty much the same rig bro...

except i got the

ud3 gigabyte main board

eVGA GTX570HD SC1280Mb X 2 SLI

cooler master case

and the h70 corsair hydro cooling ...

runs fully sick bro
Back to top Go down
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:52 am

drunken Sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lucky's Rig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rig   Lucky's Rig I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucky's Rig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Dear Chooky-
Jump to: