Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need opinions on a new rig please guys

Go down 
+2
mooshoo
marinekfc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
marinekfc
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
marinekfc

Need opinions on a new rig please guys Empty
PostSubject: Need opinions on a new rig please guys   Need opinions on a new rig please guys I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Im wanting what alot of you are wanting atm, a new rig for BF3!

cause im computer retarded i need the trusting help of you guys =)

Im wanting to spend under $2,000, X-ume has helped with giving me a pretty good idea with what i want,
and its looking great, add ur opinions on parts will be helpful!

https://i.servimg.com/u/f47/15/77/31/33/hayden10.jpg

this is what X-ume has put together for me and its smokin, trouble is i live in newcastle and
need help from clan members living around newcastle or sydney to order this rig, i'll also need to add
a case...

If i could order it online, put together and delivered that would be Fan-bloody-tastic!

cheers once again fellas!
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Need opinions on a new rig please guys   Need opinions on a new rig please guys I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Thats looking like a great build mate good stuff - although I would change the green drive to a caviar black in case you want to use fraps well actually any data transfer at all .. My caviar blue drive I bench marked using dxtory at between 45 - 65mb per second whereas my caviar black drive is anywhere from 90 - 120mb .. so there is a huge difference.

I use an antec case which has good airflow / fans room for lots of HDD etc! but theres lots of good cases around!
Back to top Go down
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

PostSubject: Re: Need opinions on a new rig please guys   Need opinions on a new rig please guys I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:22 am

Bullshit, Zoomie didn't helped you!

or has he turned to the green side Shocked
Back to top Go down
R31gn
FORUM USER
R31gn

PostSubject: Re: Need opinions on a new rig please guys   Need opinions on a new rig please guys I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:05 am

Looks good, the only things I would do differently if I was building would be:

1. Get the 2500K instead of the 2600K and save $104. By the look of the cooler you're going to OC so the 2500K will suit you fine so no need for a 2600K with slightly higher default clock.

2. Add the $104 for the Graphics card and get a GTX 580.
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1170&products_id=16575

3. Have a look at Crucial M4 for the SSD, $20 cheaper but just as good. I've had bad experiences with OCZ SSDs so I'm probably a bit biased and would go with other brands but both either will be ok.
Back to top Go down
marinekfc
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
marinekfc

PostSubject: Re: Need opinions on a new rig please guys   Need opinions on a new rig please guys I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:07 pm

im gonna have my games running off my ssd card ill spend the extra $20, i dont plan on overclocking at all so ill just keep the proccessor, as for the gaphics card.. hm.. guess i'll i dunno it all seems pretty good =p
Back to top Go down
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

PostSubject: Re: Need opinions on a new rig please guys   Need opinions on a new rig please guys I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 3:57 pm

I might be wrong but if you're not overclocking you don't need the K. Just get the regular 2600. I got a regular 2500 for this reason.
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

PostSubject: Re: Need opinions on a new rig please guys   Need opinions on a new rig please guys I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 5:33 pm

Correct prawny, If you have choosen not to OC marine just go the 2600.

Just use the stock cooler.

Also get a 60 gig ssd as your os/games drive.

Thats 300 bucks saved on those 3 alone.
Back to top Go down
marinekfc
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
marinekfc

PostSubject: Re: Need opinions on a new rig please guys   Need opinions on a new rig please guys I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 6:21 pm

hmm i still want a big ssd due to the large amount of games i want
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need opinions on a new rig please guys   Need opinions on a new rig please guys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need opinions on a new rig please guys
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Jokers :: Public Access :: Dear Chooky-
Jump to: