Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Clean Up

Go down 
+3
Mozzie32
BULLBAR
lylow
7 posters

Do you want old forum sections removed?
Delete the COD section from our Members area.
Forum Clean Up I_vote_lcap31%Forum Clean Up I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 16 ]
Delete the COD section from the public area.
Forum Clean Up I_vote_lcap31%Forum Clean Up I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 16 ]
Delete BOTH the 2142 Sections - MEMBERS and PUBLIC.
Forum Clean Up I_vote_lcap23%Forum Clean Up I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 12 ]
Delete ONLY the 2142 PUBLIC Section.
Forum Clean Up I_vote_lcap12%Forum Clean Up I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 6 ]
Delete nothing, move nothing. Leave everything just as it is.
Forum Clean Up I_vote_lcap3%Forum Clean Up I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 52

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:07 am

Please read below before casting your votes - as it contains a detailed explanation of the above options.

Hey guys,

Ive been looking at the forum this arvo and I want your opinions. Its to do with keeping the forums tidy and easily accessible. And please note, that Im posting this in the public section, as it will affect all of our users, in both the members area and the public access section.

I already try and keep on top of old threads that are taking up space - for example: Old sticky's or announcements that were relevant months ago but no longer. I edit them so that they become regular threads (no longer sticky's etc) in whatever forum they were posted in. Rather than having to scroll and read over them each time we access an area of the forum.

This Poll relates to that, but on a much larger scale:
Currently we have a largely disused forum section called "Other Games". It was created for our members and public users that play the COD series, and a variety of other PC games. However the section simply doesnt get used anymore, as our COD gamers have either returned to BF, or no longer post on the forum here.

Also - the BF2142 section. Once our clans principle game, now unfortunately a relic of years past. No one plays the game, hence no one uses that part of the forum.

With BF3 coming out, I dont want the forums to become too cluttered or difficult to navigate. I propose keeping - and expanding - the "Other Games" public forum, but pruning the "COD" sub-sections. Nothing would be truly deleted. Just redirected. Putting all the COD related forums, into "Other games" for starters. And also, realistically (due to disuse), merging the 2142 sections into one large banner under "Other Games".

So - your options:

• Can I delete the COD section from our Members area??? (It only ever had 7 topics and hasnt been used for ages)
  • Can I delete the COD "sub section" form "Other Games" in the public area??? (I will redirect any old threads in there back out into "Other Games")
  • Can I delete BOTH the 2142 Sections - Members and Public (Note, nothing is truly being deleted: I will just be redirecting any old threads into the "Other Games" section) ***
    OR
  • Delete ONLY the 2142 Public Section
    OR
  • Delete nothing, Move nothing. Leave everything just as it is - because you dont mind the forum how things are now.

***(Old private threads from the Members Area would NOT be visible to the public)

I know this is a difficult question, with multiple parts. Cast your votes, but also post your opinions so everyone knows exactly what youre thinking. I wont make any changes without hearing back from all of you - its your clan, so have your say.

Thanks everyone - members and public users alike.

Lylow - JKS Clan Admin

P.S. Note: The vote is Multiple choice and you can change your mind and resubmit your votes. The poll will close though in 10 days as I dont want this issue to drag out.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:30 am

Fuck clicked too many windows. Delete it all mate Einstein
Back to top Go down
Mozzie32
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Mozzie32

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:06 am

i clicked the last one accidentally, piss it all off
Back to top Go down
Bubba
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Bubba

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:16 am

delete everything but, might be an idea to make a MW3 section just in case anyone gets it wants to discuss it.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:57 am

BULLBAR wrote:
Fuck clicked too many windows. Delete it all mate Einstein

Mozzie32 wrote:
i clicked the last one accidentally, piss it all off

I get what you're both saying "just get rid of it" .... but if you want, as I said - vote cancelling is allowed. You can fix up your votes yourselves, if u made a mistake. Just hit "Cancel my vote" up the top, near the poll results.
Back to top Go down
Mozzie32
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Mozzie32

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:22 am

done
Back to top Go down
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 11:52 am

Yep as a forum user I voted for deleting/moving everything to make it easier. However I would maybe think about renaming Other Games to something more like Historical Threads or something like that.

I only say that from a newbie point of view as for a newbie was good to go back and read all old posts to see where guys have come from, who's who, whats been done/happened. Other games might not get the interest from people (new people) trying to find out a bit more research into the clan. Maybe different name might help people read up a bit more about the clan etc.

My 2c worth
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/livewildcard1?feature=mhee
DanielJackson_\-.
FORUM USER
DanielJackson_\-.

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 12:54 pm

I agree with live on that one. I wouldn't delete it all as its good as a newer member to search through all that stuff lets people know who everybody is in a way even if you haven't met them yet. CoD is pretty fail though and well lets be honest who is gonna get MW3? Also if you do how much are you going to play it really? Besides posting threads saying how bad it is I can't see it being a need. BF3 will probably turn over more CoD fans anyway... Unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Delete Archive Everything.

Put everything that's old into an archive forum, perhaps name it "archive" with older threads from sections that are no longer active. For reason's live has mentioned above, Just quite recently I have gone through the forums to see what has been and who has been just to get a bit of an insight on the clan and it's members. Regardless of the forums or threads and what they are about the content of the posts and how post's are answered are a great insight to how people act. Which is ultimately what people look for in a community they are looking to join.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:17 am

Ok ladies, now that Im back online I can start to take action with this stuff. The poll has now closed and I'd like to thank you for voting and for all your feedback.

Based on your suggestions and the poll results as of tonight we will no longer have a COD section in either the members or the public sections. They will instead live in an "Archive" section on our forums here (a bloody good idea from our newest member - thanks Harding!).

The same is also true for our 2142 areas of the forum. Both members and public 2142 sections will be found in forum sub-section under the title of "Archive".

When its all finished tomorrow, let me know how it looks, and how user friendly it all is. As always, I appreciate any and all feedback.

Cheers fellas. Take it easy, and please stop shooting me when we're online.

- Lyl's Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Clean Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Clean Up   Forum Clean Up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Clean Up
Page 1 of 1