Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transition idea for next vid

Go down 
+5
Lucky
Fullnutta
livewildcard
Gaddo
mooshoo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:43 am

I have a struck a small problem. For a recording of around 1min40seconds I am using 4GB of HDD space, is this the norm or is there a settings that can bring the recorded file size down without sacrificing to much quality.

If these are of any use my current settings are:

Video Capture settings
FPS: 60
Lock framerate: Ticked
Full size: Ticked

Sound Capture Settings
Record Win7 Sound: Ticked
Stereo: Ticked

All other boxes are un-ticked.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:31 am

Brilliant work guys, geez - you take one night off and the forums come alive! Ive got about 20 posts to read through now, lmao.

live wrote:
It just shifting through the hours of video to find that good kill is the long part. But a trick I use is I start filming if I have a "Oh man that was sweet" moment I stop recording in game with MSI afterburner then press the button again to start recording. Then I know I just have to watch the end of each of the vids because I know there is a cool moment at the end of them.

Bloody good stinkin' ... I mean thinking - mate! All too often Ive wondered way back into the days of BF2142 "so.. I record 5 hrs of gaming and what? Ive got to watch it all back through for that moment I stabbed the bloke??!!" Very simple and sensible way of getting around it.

I think I'll steer clear of afterafects Mooshoo. My baby girl is a 3d animator (I think this means she makes Terminators at Skynet or something) and she uses all that gear. You can literally see it travelling all above my head..... ZOOOOOM!

But Im downloading a copy of Power Director right now. Doesnt mean Im any closer to uploading a vid.... but at least I'll have all the gear I need when I do decide to. lol.

Cheers for the torrents Gaddo - and no worries about posting all those nice and legit links to reputable websites. We here at JKS always follow the law and pay for what we ggghhhhhhhhhttt........ lmao lmao lmao

Couldnt keep a straight face for that sentence sorry haha! Pretty sure crackhore owns his own torrent search engine. Rolling Eyes lol

Last edited by lylow on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
Gaddo
FORUM USER
Gaddo

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:32 am

ok this is normal Fraps will save the file in it raw format and will be a big file depanding on your setting myn is 3.9gb for 1min of footage so if i record for ten min thats around 40gb

you can use a program called http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
or avimux http://download.cnet.com/AVI-Mux-GUI/3000-13631_4-10908896.html
these will shrink the file from around 3.9gb to around 300mb

its a bit tricky ill make a short video tonight and post the link in here
regards Gaddo
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:38 am

HardingNZ wrote:
I have a struck a small problem. For a recording of around 1min40seconds I am using 4GB of HDD space, is this the norm or is there a settings that can bring the recorded file size down without sacrificing to much quality.

Video Capture settings

Sound Capture Settings

Sorry mate, Ive got no answer for you per se - only to note than when I used to record the game years ago, it would always record it in its raw output - making for massive files. I once hit record accidentally during game play and didnt notice for 4 hours. I had a HDD that was 1/4 full!!!!

And if I can for one second... I'll run off topic and ask - how did you come across our forums mate? You seem to be on here pretty regularly the last few days and making sensible posts. Would you like to be included in the "forum fan" group? Doesnt offer anything special but it does give your name on the forum here a nice green colour Rolling Eyes haha.

Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:40 am

Yea Fraps does make it large and has its pros for that as well. Afterburner doesnt record in such bigger formats but also has its cons. I rarely get anything big in size coming from afterburner. Even if I do I usually just grab the bits at the end of the vids I want (see above post on how I do that) then delete them as I go either each night or if its a good night on the tools just after a few matches.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/livewildcard1?feature=mhee
livewildcard
FORUM USER
livewildcard

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:43 am

Yea - speak up Harding you little barstard lol.

No Lylow Hardings a good old mate of ours. Stop lurking in the shadows Harding your starting to scare people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/livewildcard1?feature=mhee
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:15 am

HardingNZ wrote:

Video Capture settings

Sound Capture Settings

Yep thats totally normal you can import it into Virtual Dub cut the part you want to keep out and save it as a xvid avi file etc.

If need be ill make a video tutorial on how this is done. Virtual Dub is also useful for cropping screen size to fit YouTubes player properly if your monitor doesn't natrually put out 1080 or 720p

Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:59 am

lylow wrote:
Sorry mate, Ive got no answer for you per se - only to note than when I used to record the game years ago, it would always record it in its raw output - making for massive files. I once hit record accidentally during game play and didnt notice for 4 hours. I had a HDD that was 1/4 full!!!!

Ahhhhhh there in lie's the problem. See I recorded around 30minutes of footage of two games and it stopped recording, why you ask? Because HDD reckon's it's not big enough to handle the jandal. Completely full! Rolling Eyes

Gaddo wrote:
ok this is normal Fraps will save the file in it raw format and will be a big file depanding on your setting myn is 3.9gb for 1min of footage so if i record for ten min thats around 40gb

you can use a program called {Cant post links yet}
or {Cant post links yet}
these will shrink the file from around 3.9gb to around 300mb

its a bit tricky ill make a short video tonight and post the link in here
regards Gaddo

If you or Moo would like to do that it would save my hours of trying to work the blimmin' thing by myself! The video may also be useful for others also following this thread that are trying to upload content.

lylow wrote:
And if I can for one second... I'll run off topic and ask - how did you come across our forums mate? You seem to be on here pretty regularly the last few days and making sensible posts. Would you like to be included in the "forum fan" group? Doesnt offer anything special but it does give your name on the forum here a nice green colour Rolling Eyes haha.

Cheers mate.

livewildcard wrote:
Yea - speak up Harding you little barstard lol.

No Lylow Hardings a good old mate of ours. Stop lurking in the shadows Harding your starting to scare people.

I came across the forums from google with the filthy brothers Live, Moo & Gaddo. I was also part of the now defunct 50+ and more recently team xL. Staying loyal to the brothers I've followed them over here (I ain't no clan whore, don't be judging me hoe Giggle ).

Pondering on putting in an application over the next week or so but that depends on how the next week or so plays out as we edge towards Summer and the speedway season which I am competing in. I would hate to apply and then all of a sudden be inactive for a week or two as I've wrote off my racecar (see my avatar for the my right knee following the last time I done that) and am stuck at the place they serve bad food or in the shed rebuilding the car every night into the early hours. Over the next week I will be able to find out the support being that financial through sponsors or from my friends as pitcrew to help me with the car. The more support I have the less likely I will disappoint myself by not being able to fulfill what I have promised here.

Sorry about the in depth view there, in the mean time if you wouldn't mind lylow I would like to have a pweeeeety name Grin

Cheers Hard-onNZ Hardin Harding
Back to top Go down
Gaddo
FORUM USER
Gaddo

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:19 am

here is a quick vid guys hope this helps
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:40 am

Cheers Gaddo will check it out.

And thanks for standing up and saying gday Harding. No worries about the purty name. If I could make you all black I would, but for now green is the go. Hahaha. And no worries about the app. Hope things work out well for you with the cars mate. Dont be a stranger.

If you do go gaming and you'd like our Teamspeak details - just send me a PM and I'll pass them on over.

Cheers mate.
Back to top Go down
Gaddo
FORUM USER
Gaddo

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 11:55 am

oh i forgot to mention checking out the making fraps smaller is a must the background is well interesting to say the least
Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 am

I had a small niggle finding the "xvid MPEG4" codec. Turns out Virtualdub's license means they cant release them together.

Simply download the xvid codec's the link below, install them and you're good to go Smile.

digital-digest[dot]com/software/download[dot]php?sid=1052&ssid=0&did=1

Replace the two [dot]'s
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 7:50 am

You will find all the codecs / rippers etc at http://www.doom9.org/
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 9:39 am

HardingNZ wrote:
I had a small niggle finding the "xvid MPEG4" codec. Turns out Virtualdub's license means they cant release them together.

Simply download the xvid codec's the link below, install them and you're good to go Smile.

digital-digest[dot]com/software/download[dot]php?sid=1052&ssid=0&did=1

Replace the two [dot]'s

Sorry to go off topic here lads. This one is for Harding:

Mate, Im not too sure why you cant add the links? This is the 2nd time youve had trouble.... im not sure if its settings on my end, or something you're doing wrong on the forums. If you are making a mistake, there is that much stuff going on that its easy to do something wrong, so dont stress.

With the link above ^ for it to be displayed AS A LINK on the forums here, you must have the www. at the beginning. So for example based on the web address in your above post, I went here:

http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download.php?sid=1052&ssid=0&did=1

See how thats coming up as a proper link on the forum? Ive just added the http:// and the www.

Try it and let me know. If its not as simple as that, and there actually is an error on the forums here for public users, I'd like to know so I can hopefully fix it.

Cheers mate, let me know how u get on Wink
Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:04 pm

When I go to post a link I get this pop up

"New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

Should be sweet as in a few days time Wink
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:50 am

Ok well regardless of it coming good by itself, I'll have a look at the settings and see if I can fix it up.

Thanks for the feedback mate.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Hey harding mate,

I had a good hunt but cant see the setting that is causing the issue. It might be a something that is mandatory for all forum users and cannot be changed. Like a minimum requirement.... just strange that in nearly 2 years it hasnt been picked up before. Really couldnt say bud.

What I will say though is that after chatting to you on TS tonight and listening to you play ingame, we would be happy to have you as a recruit to the clan. If you want to put in an app (even though I know you have a busy patch in RL coming up) we'd be happy to process it mate.

Oh and in the tradition of giving the blokes we like a bit of a dig in the ribs:

I thought you sounded familiar when we were talking. Now I know where Ive seen you before:

Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:06 am

I've finally put a few things into motion and finished my first video. Just a short one so I could learn all the programs etc. More than open to constructive criticism Wink .

Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:08 am

I put it up last night had a few games went to bed. Woke up this morning and had this in my youtube channel inbox

"Your new Video, its amazing (video.. Test - BFBC2 First Video)
Hey,

I watched some of your videos last night and I have to say I was impressed.

I did notice that you weren't getting many views.
It blows my mind that your vids can't get more views, I mean have you seen some of the crap that is at the top of the rankings.

They were so much more enjoyable that most of the boring videos on the site.

Isn't it crazy that people would rather the same garbage over and over instead of new and fresh material?

I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. I used to have problems getting views too, then I found

tubechanneldoctor. com

The service is a great way to get your YouTube channel noticed by the community. They basically send a ton of view to your videos so that they climb higher in the search engine.

Maybe they will be able to help you the same way they did me. Give them a try today while they have a free trial going on.

Your vids are really good, so no matter what you do, make sure that you keep making them. Cya ? bye!

-Maggie"

SUCK A DICK CUNT!!! I'm not going to pad you're pocket
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:14 am

That's pretty wicked man. If you don't mind, I'd like to download that clip myself and having a go editing it too Razz Currently I'm right in the middle of exam week but hopefully I'll have some spare time soon haha. Got any other clips I can play around with? Smile

EDIT: After finally reading this whole thread, that goes to all y'all nigga's in the house. Who's clips can I steal to put together into a montage for shits and gigs? I don't use clips below 720p.
Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:31 am

If you wanna rip it up that's alright with me man. Just be sure to put my name in there somewhere so when you reach youtube fame people know the name Wink.

I'm going to be adding more content when I get a chance so you will have more to work with Smile.

It is really quite easy to record and edit you're own footage though.
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:51 am

My laptop runs bc2 at a fairly decent fps, but not with fraps running.

I find it more fun doing the editing with Photoshop, Sony Vegas, and After Effects.

Also, I would make it a private YouTube video so only those with the link could see it haha.

Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:00 am

Midnight make us some tutorials broski!! teach us your beastly ways in After Effects! And btw use dxtory then you can record with no lag at 30fps for me anyway
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:24 am

Hahaha I'm not that good! for a tutorial level anyway.

Alright I'll check out dxtory Grin
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:39 am

If you like the trial ill hook you up a key Razz its legit I paid for it .. couldnt find a torrent a few years back bahaha although you can download it now I believe

And going by your graphics Im sure you are good enough for a tutorial Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transition idea for next vid    Transition idea for next vid  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transition idea for next vid
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next