Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Auto Login Bug

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Hey guys,

To all our members and frequent forum users this is just heads up regarding a bug on the forums.

Im sure that like me, many of you use the "keep me logged in" feature on the forums here. It is basically the auto-login option that saves you from having to re-type your name and password each time you come to the forums. This means that for some of you, you are able to stay logged in for months at a time. Your passwords, cookies and digital thing-a-ma-jigs (technical term there) are remembered by the forum and you are automatically logged in while the home page is loading.

Today this feature decided to glitch up and currently is not working. I personally have had to log myself into the forums 6 times since this morning - once in fact while trying to post this thread - and you can bet I enjoyed having to type this up twice!!! Angry

The cause is unknown, as is the solution. However if we at least know the problem exists and is common to many - if not all - of us, then it may stop any of our users from chasing their own tails for 20 minutes trying to resolve an error which isnt ours to fix.

So at this stage at least, no one should have to check or change any of their personal forum settings / browser setups / cookies / histories or internet security. I will keep everyone updated when I learn more. The fault is most likely on the forum hosts end of things and may end up fixing itself. In the mean time be patient and use the bug as a good excuse to memorise your passwords Razz

Cheers guys,

Lylow
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 1:13 am

Well it hasnt happened to me for nearly a week - I think the issue may have resolved itself.

If anyone is still being effected let me know. Other than that, just chalk it up to our forum providers having a bad couple of days at the office - hopefully never to be repeated.

Catch ya up in game fellas,

Lyl's.
Back to top Go down
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:26 am

It seems to have come back. :\
Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 5:38 am

LeRawn wrote:
It seems to have come back. :\

I am also experiencing this as well.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:44 am

Yep, logged out twice today. Not sure whats causing it but I guarantee nothing has been changed at our end on either occasion - to either cause it, or resolve it.

Good old forum motion are doing something... server maintenance or forum encoding updates or plucking chickens and spinning them around the room while chanting to their god Baal or some freakin' thing.

Only thing I'll suggest is run with it and log yourselves back in as often as you have to. If it isnt fixed in 48 hrs or so, I'll go to their help forums and whinge. (And when I do that, out of spite, they'll delete our forums here. So sign up to www.f**kUforumotion.com as a back up - im applying for the domain name as we speak).
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:25 am

Seems to me like its back? Ive had login issues the last 2 days. Anyone else?

Nothing really we can do to fix it. And it seems to fix itself after 24-48 hrs in any case.

But let me know if its not just me being affected. At least keeping track of when it happens might give the forum providers some help in the future if it ever becomes a real nuisance.

Cheers guys.
Back to top Go down
x-ume
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
x-ume

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 am

Comes and goes, had it yesterday but is good now.
Back to top Go down
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:10 am

x-ume wrote:
Comes and goes, had it yesterday but is good now.

This. I wouldn't worry about it too much since it seems to be quite intermittent.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:12 am

Ah shit. Look at the dates of the posts. Notice a pattern?

My original post: August 1st.
LeRawns bump: September 1st.
We all copped it yesterday: November 1st.

I'll update the thread in a month shall I?
Back to top Go down
LeRawn
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
LeRawn

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:25 am

LOL wow yeah nice observation lylow. Very interesting...
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:39 am

Monthly server side updating? If it happens again on November or December 1st (and only lasts for a day) then I'd say its just maintenance and live with it.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:26 am

Not to quote myself - but:

lylow wrote:
Monthly server side updating? If it happens again on December 1st (and only lasts for a day) then I'd say its just maintenance and live with it.

Well its December 1st and Ive had to manually re-login to the forums twice today. It has to be a maintenance/update event happening at the forumotion hosting site on the first day of each month.

So I dont think there's anything we can do. Just once a month we need to remember our passwords and sign in a couple of times until the 2nd day of the month rolls around and its all fixed.

Just updating the thread. Cheers all.
Back to top Go down
mooshoo
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
mooshoo

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 6:58 am

Use firefox remember password feature hehe never re-type a pass again .. also very helpful for avoiding keyloggers which fags are starting to use to steal origin accounts so I hear.

You can use a master password within Firefox so no one with access to your pc can just log into sites as you.
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 7:22 am

mooshoo wrote:
Use firefox remember password feature hehe never re-type a pass again .. also very helpful for avoiding keyloggers which fags are starting to use to steal origin accounts so I hear.

You can use a master password within Firefox so no one with access to your pc can just log into sites as you.

Already doing this, lol. Its brilliant for me on the forums here, when I have to switch between admin and lylow. No need to retype passwords and shit. Hehehe Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Auto Login Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto Login Bug   Auto Login Bug I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto Login Bug
Page 1 of 1