Welcome to Jokers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Jokers

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My PC has shit its pants

Go down 
+7
MidnightBeast
lylow
ThePiedPiper
Au_reefer
Bubba
Lucky
BULLBAR
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BULLBAR
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
BULLBAR

My PC has shit its pants Empty
PostSubject: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:25 am

Well my mother board has apparently died which means I pretty much need a new everything.
My PC is around 6 years old so most of the main components are very much out of date.
Can you boys offer me any help on how I can get a new box.
I'm happy to spend around $1800-$2200 and would prefer to buy a complete box.
Rather than Fuck around with lots of bits.
This box that just died I ordered through CPL.
They built it for me and it lasted for 6 year with some long hours of gaming.
So it has not done to badly.
Back to top Go down
Lucky
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Lucky

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:24 am

Your whole world is going to change!
Back to top Go down
Bubba
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
Bubba

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:43 am

you can custom build at mwave.com.au and they will put it together for you and ship it out, depends on what you need/want Razz
Back to top Go down
Au_reefer
JOKERS CLAN ADMIN
Au_reefer

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:30 pm

my Pc rocks! bully. what a differance

get the lads to design something so you know what to ask for then go ask for prices. Worked for me

piss easy to build mate too. If I can, anyone can

Back to top Go down
ThePiedPiper
FORUM USER
ThePiedPiper

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 12:34 pm

get a bigger monitor while ur at it bully
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:38 am

Well it seems windows has finally seen fit to ass fuck me properly.

I got home and jumped on the pc as usual. Saw there were windows updates waiting to go... I thought "what the he'll, I'll install them then play some bc2".

ERRR!!!!! Wrong answer! It turns out to be some HUGE update with a new service pack thrown in as well.

Now as I try and apply all of the 115 thousand operations... It hits operation 8440 and gives me a fatal error every fuckin time!

So I can't start the pc and can't access windows to turn back the clock before I started installing the update. Can't do anything!
Now I'm on the iphone and trying to restore windows from the goddamn install disk and praying it works.

FUCK YOU BILL GATES!
Back to top Go down
http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/lylow
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 am

Lylow, can't you just start it in safe mode and restore...? Then it wouldn't try and install the updates.
Back to top Go down
StabbyMcStabby
FORUM USER
StabbyMcStabby

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:08 am

And this is why we always install service packs individually...

If it's modified any critical files already it could be proper fucked.

I've also seen Windows 7 set some retarded defaults for system restore as well - like having it enabled but limiting the store size to 0%. Rolling Eyes

If you can't use system restore or if it doesn't fix it, try an in-place upgrade:
Win 7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099
Win XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978788

It is possible to remove the update data so Windows will just boot normally but I don't think that will help in this scenario.

Good luck, buddy!
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Well I think I have my solution: new SSD and a fresh install of windows. Take anything personal out of the c drive windows file and delete the rest.

Any suggestions for a good SSD for under $250? 120 Gb should be enough but i can go bigger if the value money is in it.

I'll hunt myself on the work pc tomorrow but any and all ideas are welcome.
Back to top Go down
MidnightBeast
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
MidnightBeast

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:24 pm

Well as part of a computer I'm building within the next month, I was looking at a 128GB SSD for $239. Then a 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive for storage ($54)
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Well it took a while to get things up and running but Im pretty much back into it now. Cheers for the suggestion Middy but it was a no go. AVG had fucked up things and I couldnt get it going in safe mode.

And thanks for the help also Stabby mate. I gave it a go but the system was cactus.

Freshly reinstalled now though, with a new SSD on board to boot. I dare anyone to ask me which SSD did I get - I'll reply with as many answers as you all gave me! tongue Pricks. Hahaha!

Anyway, reinstalling TS3 and BC2 and all the kb, mouse and headset software tonight, with the return to gaming all set for tomorrow arvo.

Catch you then!
Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:44 am

So what SSD did you get oi?
Back to top Go down
lylow
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
lylow

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:54 am

Welcome to the clan smart ass. Razz

Hahaha! Grin

I'll be giving you some shit tonight dont you worry!
Back to top Go down
Gaddo
FORUM USER
Gaddo

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:05 am

dont pick on murray
Back to top Go down
HardingNZ
JOKERS CLAN MEMBER
HardingNZ

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:53 pm

:p Feeling the love. Sorry have been absent tonight was trying to crack another big win in my racing. Came close with a big comeback but decided with five laps to go that I needed to stop and help out some mates instead. And it payed off too not missing a hit landing them all I got the brother's in 1st 2nd and 3rd=. Free beers next time I catch up with them for me! =D

Might be on a bit early tomorrow, trying to fit in my gaming time around work and sleep and real race car is more difficult than I thought!

But on a serious note, is an SSD some kind of chip that speeds up the thingy mahoodack which relates to the position of the sun and the moon which in turn creates talking animals?
Back to top Go down
Union.Jack
JOKERS CLAN FOUNDER
Union.Jack

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 2:19 pm

HardingNZ wrote:

But on a serious note, is an SSD some kind of chip that speeds up the thingy mahoodack which relates to the position of the sun and the moon which in turn creates talking animals?

lmao lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My PC has shit its pants   My PC has shit its pants I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My PC has shit its pants
Page 1 of 1